Aruba Beach

Thread: Civil Marriage w/o Coordinator

Civil Marriage w/o Coordinator

Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are trying to gather all necessary documents to get married in Aruba in September this year. We made the decision recently due to immigration plans (I'm living in Canada, she's in Venezuela), we recognize it's a very short time but it's very important for us to get this done.

Our budget is very limited so we can not pay a coordinator or a planner. I'm trying to reach the town hall for information but they never pick up the phone.

Is there anyone who can give us information about what we need to do, what documents do we need to show, where to send them, how to set up a date?

Thanks in advance.

Hi & welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

There will be some posts from those who have been through it, but I highly suggest staying on top of it and continuing to call/email/fax/send smoke signals to get the information directly from the authorities. You want to make sure it is all taken care of properly before you get to the island!

Good luck!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by josejbracho View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are trying to gather all necessary documents to get married in Aruba in September this year. We made the decision recently due to immigration plans (I'm living in Canada, she's in Venezuela), we recognize it's a very short time but it's very important for us to get this done.

Our budget is very limited so we can not pay a coordinator or a planner. I'm trying to reach the town hall for information but they never pick up the phone.

Is there anyone who can give us information about what we need to do, what documents do we need to show, where to send them, how to set up a date?

Thanks in advance.
    Have you looked at getting married in Canada? It'll be one less step in getting the marriage recognized by the Canadian federal government for immigration purposes (rather than trying to get a foreign marriage certified). I'm assuming she's the one moving from Venezuela...?

It's difficult for her to get a visa to come here and get married, we've gone through all the options available for us and this is our best shot.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i know that you said that you need to keep your budget low.
    the best money spent may be indeed on a person that will guide you thru the process

i recommend sending lissy lampe an email and ask her what is the most that she can do for the least amount of money.
    be very upfront!
    she is a real pro and does an awesome job, no matter large or small.

please explain your entire situation
    her email is candcaruba@yahoo.com

please tell her andrea james from aruba.com directed you to her.