Aruba Beach

Thread: Civil Wedding Planner Question

Civil Wedding Planner Question

This is kind of an extension of a couple posts on the other thread.

When we were doing the contract with the Marriott, they asked if I need the services of a wedding planner for the civil ceremony. I believe they said the fee would be $575.00. They didn't indicate whether it would be in house or not. I didn't ask any questions, which I probably should. I live in a state capital with access to all the departmentsand it looked like the documents were the big issue.

I expect to have my documents at least 2 months before the wedding (probably closer to three).

It now seems like the question may be whether I will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for a response and verification that all the documents are in order.

We plan on having a very simple civil ceremony.

A couple of you indicated (and I think Arubalisa might have askdirectly) ed whether the "pins in needles stage" warrants a wedding planner.

Are you all recommending that I get a wedding planner just for this reason?

I didn't ask what was included in the Marriott package. . . .so I don't know what extras, if any, are included.

$575 seems a little high just to get acknowledgement of documents. . .on the other hand, $575 seems a small price for peace of mind.

Any ideas on what other charge--whether this is a good deal--whether I even need a wedding planner?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

A wedding planner will probably help as far as stress is concerned. You have to remember that nothing happens fast in Aruba. Getting responses from people you are corresponding with can be frustrating, but a wedding planner would help.
    (((((((((((( Best of Luck with your upcoming wedding)))))))))

Hello Rich and Liz,

I can only give you one advice, check out some other wedding planners. There are a lot on Aruba.

I have no clue whats included in the Marriott offer, you should check that out as well.

Arranging a civil wedding yourselve is almost "mission impossible" and it will not improve quickly.

Regards,
    Robert
    Robert Arenz weddingplanner and professional photographer
    http://www.photographyaruba.com http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com

Hi, I don't know if this helps or not but your question was about the cost of a wedding planner. We paid approx $1600 dollars through our tour operator and still have to chase paperwork and pay for this in the uk. Good luck and I'm sure you will find a lot of posts on here that will help : )

Thank you all for your replies!!

I am still in the early stages with the folks from the Marriott on planning the ceremonial wedding and reception. I will ask what their fee entails.

Thanks for the attachments and insider info. Your all are sooo wonderful to help us brides out!

I'll start collecting my documents and then go from there! If I end up needing a wedding planner, I'll give a shout out and see if any of you all have any interest (I think there are a few wedding planners here). With all the help you have been, I'd much rather pay you all then others!