Aruba Beach

Thread: Decor Items - What can I bring

Decor Items - What can I bring

Hey all --

I'm looking to bring a few wedding items with me for use at my wedding and my welcome bags. Decor items are things I would bring with me, use in my centerpieces and then bring back home. Are there any issues with doing this? (Of course aside from the risk from having glass vases break.) If I were to bring in 12-20 vases and picture frames will I have problems with customs? I was hoping to ask people in my wedding party to each bring in a few things for me. These are things that cannot currently be found in Aruba (yes, I've tried - and tried, and tried and am exhausted and ready to just take matters into my own hands).

Same with things for my welcome bags -- I'm thinking flip flops, visors, beach towels, can koozies and of course the bags themselves? There would be about 20 bags and about 40 of each item we put in them. We'll be putting plenty of additional items in them that we do buy in Aruba like water, snacks, belgian chocolate, Aruba Aloe products... We only get there one day before our guests so I want to take care of as much as possible ahead of time. I looked to have stuff shipped to Aruba and am finding out its crazy expensive and confusing. Can anyone tell me the best method to ship from the US if I have to have anything shipped?

And candy for wedding favors - is that considered 'food'? Would it have any restrictions? Finally - are we allowed to bring any alcohol into the country? A favorite wine that cannot be purchased there?

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/AW-Aruba-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm Aruba Customs, Currency & Airport Tax regulations details

"1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer;"

"gift articles up to a value of AWG 100.-. " $55.82 USD

"If the total value of the goods per passenger exceeds AWG 500.-, declaration should be made on customs forms and cleared at the freight department;" $279.11 USD

Christene, you cane use the services of P&S Services, the same gentleman I've mentioned in the sparklers post.

Bryan Morris

That's too funny -- I was just getting ready to order those bags and am so glad your guests love them! I had first found similar bags on another site but then saw a review from a woman who purchased them, returned them and bought the ones on the site you list! I'm just trying to figure out how many I need and if I want to get more than one size. I was hoping to find some that were a little bigger and would work well as a beach bag, but then figure that towels are provided on the beach by the hotel so maybe their large one is big enough. I love that the woven palm is 'beachy' but that the styling is still chic. I just couldn't bring myself to get a bunch of canvas totes. And the bonus is these are cheaper!

Sounds like I won't have any problems with the things I want to travel with. We're getting as much as we can in Aruba but my taste is pretty contemporary. And there are a few odd things like rock candy swizzle sticks that I want for a candy buffet (trendy I know but its pretty). I'll check first to see if our planner can get them or knows where we can find them but its good to know I can bring them if she can't. I wouldn't want to have to pay all the shipping for something as silly as some candy.

My fiance doesn't want to carry any more than we have to but we're only going to be down there one day before the guests so I have a feeling a trip to the grocery store and Aruba Aloe is about all we'll be able to get in. I just want to know that the Welcome Bags and Welcome Party favors are taken care of. For anything related to the wedding, I'm sure the planner will come through for us.

Thanks again for the assurance.