Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dinner reception for 70 on the beach? help!

baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too

dinner reception for 70 on the beach? help!

Hello everyone!

I am new here. I just came back from a wonderful trip to Aruba where my fiance and I got engaged. Yey!
    Now, the fun starts - planning a wedding for summer 2011 - in Aruba, that stole our hearts.
    I was wondering if anyone has any tips where to have the wedding and reception.
    We'd love to have a beach ceremony and beach dinner reception for 70 people.
    We loved the Passions restaurant but it seems that they only do dinner reception for up to 50 people.

Any advice? We really want our family and friends to eat and celebrate on the beach....
    Any help is very appreciated....

milacik21

Congratulations and welcome to the forum

Any of the large resorts can handle a beach wedding for what you have in mind. A reception directly on the beach may be a separate issue. Some resorts offer a choice of venues.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wedding%20westin.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wedding%20radisson.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wedd...ccidental.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wedding%20marriott.html

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/wedd...naissance.html
    The Renaissance offers weddings on their beach at their private island.

Aruba since 1979
    congratulations :-)
    follow those links that lisa provided and feel free to ask any and all questions to us as a group and we will do our darndest to get them answered.

there are many brides and grooms here that are very willing to answer questions and give many pointers and suggestions.
    :-)

thank you guys so much! I am looking forward to planning with all of your help!

From what I've heard and seen you can't go wrong with any of the resorts mentioned by Arubalisa. I just got married on Renaissance Island and everything was AMAZING!!
    Last edited by Sheree10; 08-01-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
    I just got married on Renaissance Island and everything was AMAZING!!
    Congratulations Sheree. When you have your photos can you post some of them in the gallery? It seems to be one of the most popular requests.

Arubalisa - thank you for the links! I am just trying to get through all of the messages....
    Any other tips as to dinner reception on the beach other than RI?

Unrelated question: I thought I sent a few PMs but realized I did not, because I am new. How many messages do I have to post in order to be able to private message people?

Quote Originally Posted by milacik21 View Post
    Arubalisa - thank you for the links! I am just trying to get through all of the messages....
    Any other tips as to dinner reception on the beach other than RI?
    Imo, continue reading through the links for wedding reviews to get a feel for what type of reception and resort you think would best fit your needs.

Just for an example, and to name only a few, the Hyatt and Marriott offer choices of venues for the sunset ceremony. The Radisson offers reception choices of sit down plated dinner or buffet.

Also consider:

• Will all guests be staying at the same hotel?
    • If so did you want an all inclusive resort or non-all inclusive.
    • Did you wish to stay on Palm beach?

Unrelated question: I thought I sent a few PMs but realized I did not, because I am new. How many messages do I have to post in order to be able to private message people?
    I believe it is 11 posts or are registered forum members for less than 6 days

If you continue to post questions, the posts will accumulate in no time at all.

thanks Arubalisa! Right now I have about million questions so that should be no problem! :-)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Congratulations Sheree. When you have your photos can you post some of them in the gallery? It seems to be one of the most popular requests.

Will do! I've been in such a lazy mood but plan to share a review in the next few weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast