Aruba Beach

Thread: Documents needed for Aruba wedding

Documents needed for Aruba wedding

I'm getting married 5/30/08 in Aruba and I am having trouble getting a certificate of no impediment. I called our Bureau of Vital Statistics and was told there is no such document in the state of Pennsylvania. I was wondering if anyone else had any trouble obtaining this document?

I also live in PA. The best advice I can give you is to contact your local courts. They would be involved in checking to make sure you aren't married if you had decided to get married in PA, so I'm sure they have a way to supply it at a cost. PA may not have the same name as the thing you are looking for, but they should be able to supply a proof document for you to take to Aruba. Then contact Aruba and tell them what you can provide and see if that is sufficient.

Good luck! You're getting married almost exactly 3 months before me!
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

Thanks for the advise. I'm thinking it would be easier to just get married in PA and have the beach ceremony in Aruba. Good luck w/your wedding and honeymoon!

I live in Ohio but this was also the most difficult piece of info to track down for our Aruba marriage. Many offices had never heard of such a thing, but as lou&nay advise, it may be called something else. The Ohio Dept of Health, Vital Statistics Dept call it a "letter of no record". It is basically a search of your state marriage records to prove that you or your fiance are not currently married, and are free and clear to marry each other. They then send it to the Secretary of State for the apostille seal. Ironically, I suppose you could be married in another state, but the state you live in is all the Aruba registar is asking for. Don't give up - getting married in Aruba is a wonderful experience! Just keep asking - you'll eventually find the right department. Good luck!
    Lori and Scott.......JUST MARRIED IN ARUBA!
    March 17, 2008

Colorado Lighthouse and the stunning views
    Hi Lexy
    I am from the uk and am getting married in Aruba. We have been and completed this today with the registrar. In England we say that it is the Banns being read out which means that the names are posted at the Town Hall for two weeks so that if anyone is married to you they can come forward and say so.
    We had a question regarding an adoption certificate and birth certificate and contacted Ryan at the Town Hall in Aruba he found out all the info we needed and e-mailed it back to us.
    Good luck with the wedding.
    Barbara

Thanks everyone, for the great advice. I'm going to make a couple of calls later today. I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

I finally have all of my documentation and sent it today to the state for the Apostille Seal. Thanks again everyone for helping me with this.

I also live in Pennsylvania and am having the same problem. Any luck Lexi? Any suggestions on where to start?