Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dream Weddings Aruba?

Dream Weddings Aruba?

We are headed to Aruba in about three weeks -- June 11. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary and want to have a simple vow renewal ceremony with some pictures. We were working with the event planner at the resort (Divi Beach & Golf Club), but he was quoting us $1600 for a simple ceremony with no decorations, chairs, cake, etc.

So, we have been in touch with Dream Weddings Aruba and they seem much more reasonable. For a basic beach ceremony with recorded music, a sand mixing ceremony and an hour of photography should be around $800.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company and if you were pleased.

Also, they provide transportation for up to four of us in a car from the resort to the beach location, but there are 8 of us in our group. So what is the best way to get us from the resort to Eagle Beach? I'm leaning toward letting the girls take the car and sending the guys in a taxi since they'll be less dressed up.

Aruba since 1979
    congratulations on your 25th!

and welcome to the aruba.com community forum

check out wedding wire.com to read reviews of Dream Weddings Aruba

my suggestion for transportation is a taxi for the guys, and a car for the ladies

again, welcome!!

Thank you!

I checked out wedding wire and Dream Weddings Aruba has 7 positive reviews. Really no negative comments except someone wasn't happy with their bouquet. I'm relieved to see that people are pleased. It's difficult to plan an event from another country.

Hi! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum and congrats on 25 years!

At literally half the price it sounds lovely to me! Of course I did the renewal thing on my own with my SIL officiating, brought my own sand & frame and only paid my photographer friend & he picked up some flowers for us - so I may not give the best advice! lol

I'm sure whatever you choose will be just beautiful!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Hi! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum and congrats on 25 years!

At literally half the price it sounds lovely to me! Of course I did the renewal thing on my own with my SIL officiating, brought my own sand & frame and only paid my photographer friend & he picked up some flowers for us - so I may not give the best advice! lol

I'm sure whatever you choose will be just beautiful!
    Thank you! You and I sound a lot alike, actually. LOL. I'm bringing our own silk bouquets from home, bought my girls' dresses at Old Navy and picked up my own dress off the clearance rack at David's Bridal. :-) Hubby is wearing a tropical shirt and khaki shorts. Very relaxed ceremony.

What's a "sand mixing ceremony"?

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    What's a "sand mixing ceremony"?

We used 5 different types of sand (one for each of us, since this renewal thing was all about family and incorporating my kids) The kids each had a different blue/teal sand, Rich had white, I used sand right off Eagle Beach and we combined it into a frame during our renewal ceremony. The meaning behind it is that no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to separate those pieces of sand into their own containers again, just like our now complete family will never be separated. Dream Weddings Aruba?-sand.jpg

The design the different sands made looked MUCH nicer before the flight home, but it's still a cherished item in my living room.

Wow, that's awesome Jacki. I have never heard of that before.

We are having my three girls participate in our sand mixing as well. And their names will be on our blessing certificate. My two youngest daughters are adopted from foster care, so I am especially looking forward to this being a ceremonial "blending" of our family no matter by which path they arrived with us. :-)

Sandy! My 2 boys are adopted thru foster care! Same thing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast