Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El Gaucho or Moombas??????????

Question El Gaucho or Moombas??????????

El Gaucho or Moombas for a rehearsal dinner?? Which one has bettter food? price?? music?? ambiance??? service?

Is it next to the RIU Palace? I have about 30-40 guests coming and was looking for someplace close to where we are staying..at the RIU without having to transport everyone.. I've heard great things about these two, but afraid they aren't close to RIU and will have to pay $$$ to transport everyone..... Any ideas??? Is Gaucho or Moombas close? Any close GOOD restaurants for reasonable prices next to RIU or walkable distance from RIU?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    JT20, El Gaucho is downtown, and to be honest, a rather LOUD place, and by the way, not cheap.....You will have to cab it...If you are looking for a quiet, special evening IMOP this isn't the place for you. I have not been to moomba's so I can't comment.

Smile

My vote is Moombas because they can set you up on the sand beach and you can get a great sunset. Also the food is very good. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Moomba is walking distance from the Rui. There is also Gianni's which is an Italian restaurant across the street from the Rui. Perhaps, they can provide you with a set menu with a few alternatives to keep the price in line. Gianni's is a very nice place but it doesn't have the same ambience as Moomba's. The nice thing about Moomba's is that you can sit on the beach which is the best!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    my 2 cents

although the location of moomba is terrific (beach location), imo the food is only mediocre at best.

as cindy says elgaucho is loud and not cheap

pam pam?
    tulip?
    buccaneer?

andrea

Thanks for the info!!! I just contacted Gianni's so I will see what they say!!! If not, I will go for Moombas! =)

MoomBa is just shy of 3/4 mile walk down the beach. Very easy walk or short taxi ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    my 2 cents

although the location of moomba is terrific (beach location), imo the food is only mediocre at best.

as cindy says elgaucho is loud and not cheap
    andrea
    Well, I didn't want to say anything but I definitely agree with Andrea. We went there once for dinner and did not care for it. Beautiful location but....

That is why I suggested Gianni's. Very large place and if you could do a set meal with one or two dinner choices, you could control the cost.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Sopranos Piano Bar, Café 080, Costa Linda
    [quote=JT20;132192]El Gaucho or Moombas for a rehearsal dinner?? Which one has bettter food? price?? music?? ambiance??? service?

Is it next to the RIU Palace?

I think most everyone has chimed in that El Gaucho is neither quiet enough for a rehearsal dinner, not cheap, and not near the Riu.

I think the problem with MooMba is that, being all open air, and being quite popular, it's going to be very difficult to communicate with your group and run the actual rehearsal. I would think places where your whole party can sit together at some large tables, and you can have at least semi privacy will serve this best.

Many places that have both inside and outside dining might be able to accommodate your group inside, and are walking distance from the Riu. Some of these might include Tango or Fishes and More. There is also a private room (well, area) at Blossoms.

El Gaucho has rooms upstairs that allow for privacy and will create a menu to your liking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast