Aruba Beach

Thread: Finally--weeks and days, not Months!!!

Finally--weeks and days, not Months!!!

Hi all!

Thanks to those who have provided reviews in the last few days. A couple were hard to read. . .but I know they were heartfelt.

One month from today is our beach wedding!!!!!! (honestly, I am tearing up writing this). It will be at the Marriott Stellaris--and have been very happy with our planning.

We are having our civil ceremony the 5th--hopefully!!!. . . they have my docs, but I am still working on finalizing.. . .but I know they are busy and it'll be fine.

If you are a photographer or minister or steel pan drummer and are working at the Marriott on the 6th at 6pm, well there is a good shot your ours! YEAH!!!

Maybe I should say, I have a 3 pm hair appointment, our dinner is at 7, I added a bottle to our champagne order and I have on my list to ask my sisters to make sure my bouquet gets to me. . . so I think I am ok on those (although not that I had thought to worry about these--that is just what Simone suggested for dinner and hair).

Right now, my biggest fear is packing. . .so much more to worry about than just a regular vacation. Any suggestions???

Anyone have any other suggestions. Anything you did or learned that proved really useful in the last few weeks?

Thanks so much!

one big suggestion,,,,,,,lay out what you want to pack to take along and then reduce it by HALF !!! you will find that you will be in a bathing suit 90% of the time...bring a few coverups, one or 2 sundresses for dinners and the rest shorts and tops...if you have never been to aruba you will see it is a pretty laid back island and there are only one or 2 places that really require you to be "dressed" for dinner...mostly all allow shorts and teeshirts/tops for both men and women...
    Lastly, congrats...have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I completely agree with danadog56, you will not need nearly as much stuff as you think. To be honest, I pretty much wore just dresses the whole time I was there, and other than that I was usually just in my bathing suit at the beach. It's gonna be very hot, so you won't need pants or jeans. Plus, I packed way too many shoes and realized I didn't even wear half of them.

We also got married there and we brought a lot of wedding stuff with us. It was a pain in the butt in the beginning, but I wanted to make sure I had everything. On the way home we just tucked one of the smaller bags into the bigger suitcase to eliminate paying to check another bag.

Remember to enjoy every second of it..it goes by quick!! We had an amazing time and I am sure you will too

Thank you both for the responses. I always over pack and with wedding stuff, I have this visioned as enough luggage for me and wedding stuff as 4 people would take. I will try and cut the clothes and shoes (which I too always take way too many) by half.

Early next week, I will start to put together a list of absolutely needed things. . . . and then go from there.

Thanks again!

Good luck to you and I am sure you will have an amazing wedding. The one big piece of advice I can give you is to stop, breathe and take it all in. You would be surprised how fast the day/night goes by. I did something that was recommended to me which was: throughout the night, stop and take a mental pictures of everything and remember how you feel at that very moment. When it's all done.. those beautiful images and feelings of happiness will stay with you (hopefully for a lifetime).

As for packing, remember that they sell pretty much everything you would want or need on the island. So, don't stress about bringing the "what ifs" because chances are that you won't need them. I agree with everyone else. Pack less than you think you need.

Have a great wedding and I look forward to hearing all about it! Congrats!

Amber

I absolutely love that piece of advice. Sorry to thread jack but I have to know, what's the one mental picture that sticks with you most?

Quote Originally Posted by acushing View Post
    The one big piece of advice I can give you is to stop, breathe and take it all in. You would be surprised how fast the day/night goes by. I did something that was recommended to me which was: throughout the night, stop and take a mental pictures of everything and remember how you feel at that very moment. When it's all done.. those beautiful images and feelings of happiness will stay with you (hopefully for a lifetime).

I have so many wonderful memories that I captured such as looking at my husband during our vows, the first dance and the exact words he said to me, sitting on the side and watching everyone dance... the list goes on and on. I love that I have these little moments in my head like I took a picture of it and they will never fade (Ok.. that sounds so sappy but what can I say? I am a newlywed

Amber
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by msbeckyt View Post
    I absolutely love that piece of advice. Sorry to thread jack but I have to know, what's the one mental picture that sticks with you most?

Amber, that is great advice! I am afraid that it will be a blur. . .but even if it is. . .at least it will be a good one. I'll try and remember to just stop and take it all in! Thanks!