I have been following the board since we decided on Aruba for our honeymoon location. It is very informative and helpful!
I had a few questions that I was hoping I could have answered, and wuold like to hear suggestions for the trip.
First and foremost, we are both recent college graduats...meaning we will have little money and a credit card! hahaha. So we want to keep it affordable, yet exciting. We plan on going out to eat a few times, enjoying the night life, and relaxing.
My fiancee's grandfather has a condo (or timeshare?) in the Divi Dutch Village and is offering it up as a wedding present (gracias!), and we are arriving on the 9th of August (Oh, so soon). This will be my first time to an island, and have an idea of what we want to do, but lack the details and knowledge about Aruba. To make it easier, I will just list the questions:
1) Has anyone stayed, or have information/stories on the accomodations at the Divi Dutch Village? Is it a nice resort? What is the surrounding beaches/area like?
2) What are some nice and affordable places to eat?
3) Any suggestions for places to go, or things to do, at night?
4) Is there jet skis available on the island? If so, what are the prices, placs to rent things, things to be careful of?
5) How safe is Aruba? How careful do we need to be with our belongings and selfs?
6) What would you suggest are the "must do/see" things in Aruba?
Thank you and we can't wait to honeymoon there!