Aruba Beach

Thread: Flowers in Aruba

Flowers in Aruba

Can anyone please give me an idea of what kinds of flowers are readily available in Aruba besides calla lilies, roses and gerbera daisies? I'm afraid I don't love any of those. Are there types of orchids that are common? Other flowers appropriate for a bridal bouquet and centerpieces? I'm sure tulips are out of the question. Any chance pink cone ginger is available? Plumeria? (I know - I should be getting married in Hawaii for those.) Maybe some lilies? If so, what kind?

I want to start looking for inspiration for flowers but don't want to waste a bunch of time and energy falling in love with flowers I don't stand a chance of finding. My 'colors' are pink and orange and I wouldn't mind a bit of green mixed in. My other option is to have my bouquet all white.

Thanks. Christene

There are no nurseries for flowers in Aruba. Even the multiple varieties of flowers and flowering shrubs on the island have been imported.

As far as I have been told, EVERYTHING flower wise is flown onto the island. With this being the case, a really good florist should be able to get you any flower you wish, no matter how exotic.

Thanks! That's really good to know. =)

Banned
    I agree. Since everything is flown in anyway - you can pretty much get anything - the caviat being whether its "in season" from where they're ordered from. I used callas for my bouquet. I also had for my girls and centerpieces: cymbidium orchids, golden peach/champagne roses, mango callas, hydrangea, hypericum berries, etc.

I preferred a white bouquet - although I like color, I didnt want to look back and regret not having white. For your bridesmaids/centerpieces, You can do different shades of pinks/oranges in types of roses, orchids, etc.

I dont know if you're vision is more vibrant or soft in terms of color. Either way, you have lots of options! You an do (hot) pink tea roses, orange (or more peachy) spray roses, orange orchids with light green hydrangea to make them pop. ou could also do pink peonies, orange roses, pink ranunculus and pale green roses.

There's so many things you could do - its a matter of getting it for the right price. Talk to your planner, give her some options and have her price everything out.