Aruba Beach

Thread: Getting married without a wedding planner?

Getting married without a wedding planner?

My fiancÚ and I are heading to Aruba in less than 2 months. We plan to elope. We have 2 friends coming with us. I know you have to do a civil ceremony at town hall? Then can do a blessing ceremony on the beach? We want simple...just flowers and some pictures. Can I do this without a wedding planner? And if so how do I make sure it's legal in the US

Aruba since 1979
    there are numerous documents needed in order to be married on aruba.
    also your witnesses will need to have documentation.

the best thing is to contact a wedding planner

click this link for further information
    http://www.aruba.com/aruba-vacations...ngs-honeymoons
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matysgirl View Post
    My fiancÚ and I are heading to Aruba in less than 2 months. We plan to elope. We have 2 friends coming with us. I know you have to do a civil ceremony at town hall? Then can do a blessing ceremony on the beach? We want simple...just flowers and some pictures. Can I do this without a wedding planner? And if so how do I make sure it's legal in the US

When we were married in the Bahamas we wanted simple and our officiant gave us a checklist on how to get the paperwork done.

Perhaps you will be fortunate enough to find a kind person like him in Aruba? Good luck.

Junior Member momento by elnathan's Avatar
    Hi Matysgirl,

there are a few specific documents that you will have to submit I think at least 2 weeks prior to the legal ceremony. For the legal ceremony I would certainly recommend you to get in contact with a coordinator, like Lissy Lampe or Arlette Oduber or Edwina Henriquez

I got a quote from another planner for $1925 for civil wedding, beach wedding, flowers, photographer and marriage license. That seems high? $450 for civil ceremony?

The Holiday Inn offers a civil ceremony wedding for $750 +tax and service charge http://www.holidayarubaresort.com/we...g-packages.htm It includes the paperwork.

THEN you could book the beach officiant, flowers and photographer however you wish.

IF the Holiday Inn is not to your liking you could always stay there for the wedding and move on to another resort for the honeymoon.

Good luck.

Thanks! I'm waiting on a quote back from Lissy Lampe

I started getting all the paperwork done about 8 months in advance...and I'm glad I did! They ask for things that I never heard of. I went through the concierge at the timeshare where we had the wedding at. Work out great. Lots of paperwork!
    Scotts Brats
    Playa Linda Resort
    facebook - Legends Pub Aruba
    legendspubaruba.com
    Legends Pub