Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guest acceptance rate? any ideas?

baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too

guest acceptance rate? any ideas?

I realize that every wedding is different, based on who you invite etc but I would be curious to see what is the typical acceptance rate: invitations sent vs invitations accepted?
    Anyone out there care to share your experience?

This si the first time I am planning a wedding (and hopefully last one too :-)) But would like to see what you all have experienced....

Depends on who's paying. A destination wedding is likely going to have a much smaller acceptance rate than one a half hour away from where they live. Also, if they have to take time off from work or whatever, that could play a factor.

That said, our wedding is in a year, so what do I know. We're planning on inviting about 120 and expect most of them to come. But we're not getting married in Aruba, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ples View Post
    Depends on who's paying. A destination wedding is likely going to have a much smaller acceptance rate than one a half hour away from where they live. Also, if they have to take time off from work or whatever, that could play a factor.

That said, our wedding is in a year, so what do I know. We're planning on inviting about 120 and expect most of them to come. But we're not getting married in Aruba, either.
    We are having a destination wedding for my daughter in LA in 2 weeks (8/22). The guests are mainly from the East Coast, Houston, and LA. We invited 150 and about 115 are coming, about 75% acceptance rate for the exact reasons as pointed out by Ples-expense of trip, time off from work, other obligations, etc.

We invited 198 people and we have 85 guests showing up.

thanks everyone for your feedback - please keep it coming!

We invited 130 to Aruba for our DW and 55 people came!

We invited 176 people and 62 guests showed up. We invited a lot knowing they would not come but we wanted to extend the invite.

I've read that typically 40-50% will show up. If we had an at home wedding we would have had a lot more attenders( this is what we didn't want... lol)

ladies - thank you so much for your responses - I appreciate you taking the time! I understand the "low" rate and frankly, this is why DW is so appealing to me too! :-)
    I can invite whoever I want but know only the ones that really want to be there will be there - and - at the end of the day - that is what matters on our big days! You guys rock!

Acceptance Rates

My niece got married in Mexico last year and invited about 48 people. 36 showed up, including the bride & groom. The groom's grandparents couldn't travel, due to illness, but had initially planned on coming - same for her great aunt and uncle. Some couldn't come because of the expense and others because of the time issues. If you get married at home you only have to expect people to take up a day of their time, whereas with a DW they have to come for at least 3-4 days minimum. Having said that - this was one of the best weddings and experiences I have ever had. It was such a great way to reconnect with family. My other niece (her sister) is looking at a wedding in Aruba possibly next year. It forces people to take a vacation too - something we, as Americans do too little of.

We invited about 80 and 30 came. I would say the people you really want to be there will attend and you will have the time of your life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast