Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hair and makeup

I had my hair and make-up done at Maggy's (in the Renaissance lobby) for my Nov' 09 Renaissance Island wedding. They did an awesome job for me, my mom and bridemaids. I did a trial a few days before and the stylists had some great ideas. Everything really came out much better than I could have imagined. Thank you Maggy's!!!!

Hair ??

Has anyone used the stylist that Edwina uses? I think her name is Jennifer. I am looking for some input. I am thinking of having my hair done hair at home and having pictures taken so I can bring them with me....I plan on bring my own makeup that she can use to apply so I am not too worried about the makeup portion of it. Thanks!

She did hair and make-up for my mom and mother-in-law and hair for my maid-of-honor and did a great job. While their services weren't as elaborate as bridal often is, I so wish I would have used her instead of the Mandara. The Mandara couldn't even help me apply a pair of false eyelashes I had brought with me, but Jennive helped me out. She perfectly applied them with a very sure hand. I had two different sets with me and at a glance she knew which set would be perfect for me. I thought she was very warm and upbeat and she speaks english! I brought photos to my Mandara apppointments (3!) and feel the language barrier still got in the way.

I definitely recommend a trial though, no matter who you go with. Its worth it to know that's one thing you (hopefully) won't have to worry about the day of.
    Quote Originally Posted by cukiecutr View Post
    Has anyone used the stylist that Edwina uses? I think her name is Jennifer. I am looking for some input. I am thinking of having my hair done hair at home and having pictures taken so I can bring them with me....I plan on bring my own makeup that she can use to apply so I am not too worried about the makeup portion of it. Thanks!

Bucuti Beach Resort on a gorgeous sections of Eagle Beach, Mirandi's Restaurant
    I stressed about all that stuff for so long! My hair turned out better than I ever could have expected. I did my own makeup. The Riu has a salon that is separate from the hotel and there is a girl there they call a miracle worker. Cant remember her name, but i had pictures from my girl back home and how she did my hair etc., etc. I never even showed them to her, I was thrilled with my "wedding hair". It was exactly what i was looking for. Iknow how you feel though! I had anxiety for so long! I got engaged inNov of 08 and knew it was going to be Aruba after our trip inJan of 09. Try and breath easy, nothing went wrong at all... at all

The best place on the island in Knipoog

http://www.knipoogaruba.com/

Living here for 5 years with thick curly hair -
    I'm so glad I found them. Never have
    seen a bad cut come from them.

When my mom was living with us,
    she tried a lot of places at the hotels
    and had problems with 'communications'
    as a lot of the salon/spa workers don't
    speak english that well.

Something that you don't want happening to
    you for your wedding.

Look at some of the other threads and you'll
    see that a lot of people go there for weddings
    and have been happy.

Not an advertisement - more just a concern that
    you don't have a 'hair crisis' for your wedding!

Does anyone know anything about the Salon at the Westin? Intermezzo?

Who do you recommend at Knipoog Hair Studio? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by poodles2 View Post
    Who do you recommend at Knipoog Hair Studio? Thanks.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f13/knipoog-hair-salon-excellent-hair-makeup-highly-recommended-42382/#post157926

hair and makeup

I am getting married in July of this year and my friend who was suppose to fly down and do hair and makeup can no longer make it. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of people on the island and if you used them if had pictures I would be able to view thank you so much for all your help!

I'm in the same boat! Please let me know if you find someone. I'm looking myself, getting married in July also

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast