Aruba Beach

Thread: Handicap Accessibility Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Handicap Accessibility Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Hi All! I'm wondering if anybody who has had a recent wedding in Aruba and had handicapped guests is able to share some feedback/advice?

I'm getting married at Amsterdam Manor this fall and have two guests in wheelchairs. Both our planner and the hotel has assured me that we can work it out as the sand area where we are having the ceremony on Eagle Beach is dense and packed in enough and Passions, where the reception is, will also not be a problem. I'm trying to trust what everyone is saying, but it hard when you have never been there! Just want to be doubly sure that our guests are comfortable and don't have to suffer in the sand because of their handicaps.

I heard the Marriott has beach wheelchairs, but they will only rent them out to their own guests. Most of our guests will also be staying at Amsterdam.

Any and all insight/advice is greatly appreciated!

Also, would love to see your pics if you had a reception at Passions and ceremony at Eagle Beach across from the Amsterdam.

Aruba since 1979
    if amsterdam manor and your planner has made assurances........then if there are "issues" with accessibility, they will deal with it.

i would trust their judgment.

our amsterdam manor expert is in in the UK.
    when she is home, i am sure she can give good feedback.

both of my parents had polio and walked with the assistance of crutches and braces..............so i totally understand your concerns.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Hi All! I'm wondering if anybody who has had a recent wedding in Aruba and had handicapped guests is able to share some feedback/advice?

I'm getting married at Amsterdam Manor this fall and have two guests in wheelchairs. Both our planner and the hotel has assured me that we can work it out as the sand area where we are having the ceremony on Eagle Beach is dense and packed in enough and Passions, where the reception is, will also not be a problem. I'm trying to trust what everyone is saying, but it hard when you have never been there! Just want to be doubly sure that our guests are comfortable and don't have to suffer in the sand because of their handicaps.

I heard the Marriott has beach wheelchairs, but they will only rent them out to their own guests. Most of our guests will also be staying at Amsterdam.

Any and all insight/advice is greatly appreciated!

Also, would love to see your pics if you had a reception at Passions and ceremony at Eagle Beach across from the Amsterdam.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-22-2009 at 09:23 PM.

I recently shot a wedding at the Amsterdam Manor and several of the guests were in Wheelchairs. I recall that they left the wheelchair at the edge of the sand and were assisted by others to the seats. I'd guess it is about a 25 foot walk.

At Passions, there is a wooden walkway which is no problem for Wheelchairs, and then again, about a 25 foot walk to the tables.

I can load some pictures later.

Julia
    Aruba Today

Hi Snoopy,

You can try calling Labco and see if they rent Beach Wheel Chairs, they rent medical supplies including wheel chairs but I don't know if they have the beach ones.

+1 297-582 6651

Or as Andrea said trust your WP and resort.

Bryan Morris

Aruba since 1979
    yes that 25 yd walk is the issue for those that are wheelchair dependant.
    how do they manuever those last 25 feet?

i hope the WP can answer those very important details.

thanks julia r!!!!

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by photosbyjulia View Post
    I recently shot a wedding at the Amsterdam Manor and several of the guests were in Wheelchairs. I recall that they left the wheelchair at the edge of the sand and were assisted by others to the seats. I'd guess it is about a 25 foot walk.

At Passions, there is a wooden walkway which is no problem for Wheelchairs, and then again, about a 25 foot walk to the tables.

I can load some pictures later.

Julia
    Aruba Today

Pictures of the Divi Divi tree set up and Passions on the beach at night.

Regards,

Julia
    Aruba Today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handicap Accessibility Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort-dsc_6060-1.jpg   Handicap Accessibility Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort-dsc_6436-1.jpg  
    Last edited by photosbyjulia; 07-24-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks so much all for the advice, thoughts and images. I'll keep you posted on how this turns out...

I got engaged at Bucuti and was hoping to marry there but I have four neices and nephews so I have been looking at Amsterdamn. We are having a small wedding .... 14 -18 people. It looks beautiful and I reallly want to stay on Eagle Beach. Has anyone had the food at Passions? Snoopy, I would love to hear from you after your wedding. Did you use Lissy? The hotel sent me her name but I beleive Ann is the coordinator at the weeding. How long are your guests going to be in Aruba? So many things to think about when planning this. Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!