Aruba Beach

Thread: Has anyone used Knipoog for Hair and Makeup for their wedding (vs Mandara Spa)

Has anyone used Knipoog for Hair and Makeup for their wedding (vs Mandara Spa)

I am getting married next Thursday at the Aruba Marriott and I have heard mixed reviews about Mandara Spa. So I was thinking of going with Knipoog they come to the room and are less expensive and seem trendy.I heard there is a problem with the language barrier at the spa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Also should I do a trial run?
    Last edited by serenaee; 11-06-2009 at 07:03 AM.

I don't know anything about Knipoog, but would definitely recommend the trial, especially if you're thinking of anything 'trendy'. For me it took two bad updos before we ended up with one that was really nice.

Also, not all products work well for all people - as I was leaving my make-up trial, the lipstick that I thought looked pretty, ended up crumbing and peeling off. It was really weird. I've had that same thing happen with Mac's longwear lipsticks here at home - if they aren't applied perfectly they will crumble right off. (If your lips are oily, have any trace of other product or are wet at application Mac longwear doesn't work.) Luckily it happened before I was out the door - I showed them and we made a note to use a different lipstick for the wedding day. I don't know what the lipstick was but it made me think of what I had seen before with Mac.

If you go with Mandara, just have pictures. If you want really natural eyes they will do a really nice job, though you'll probably have to wipe off some of the blush. Also - I forgot to bring a make-up remover that would remove waterproof mascara which is what they must have used - I think it took me 3 days to get it off - my lashes were a clumpy mess the two following days. But, your mascara and hair will not budge on the wedding day if they do it.

Anyway -- have fun at your wedding and tell Desiree I said hi! They did an awesome job for us and the food was SO GOOD! The next morning we desperately wished we had some of our leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by serenaee View Post
    I am getting married next Thursday at the Aruba Marriott and I have heard mixed reviews about Mandara Spa. So I was thinking of going with Knipoog they come to the room and are less expensive and seem trendy.I heard there is a problem with the language barrier at the spa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Also should I do a trial run?

Well I just got back from my wedding at the Marriott and everything was more than we could ever imagined. I used Knipoog and they were excellent.. I had two girls come to the hotel who did my hair and makeup in about an hour. They were so sweet , There names were Rubia for hair and Eline for makeup.. They were so sweet as well such good energy.. I showed them some pictures and they knew exactly what I wanted.. Plus it was only 150.00 for both and they came to the room. I highly recommend them.. Very hip!!!!