Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Help!!!

Good afternoon all!

I am a new member who is being married in January in Aruba. I have a few issues that I cannot make a decision on and am seeking a little assistance from all of you past brides, current brides or anyone who knows anything about planning an Aruba wedding.... I have a few concerns below and wondered if anyone could elborate on what they did for these item(s) for their day. Our wedding day is on January 8th and the ceremony is being held at the Eagle Beach with reception on Renaissance Ocean suite beach immediatley to follow. Here are my concerns;

a) DJ - Who can recommend a fabulous DJ who plays modern great music and likes to have fun with it, as I know there are a few guests looking to make a speech and so he/she will need to allow for microphone use. (I am being recommended to use DJ Tino, has anyone used this fellow previously or has any comments as they would be greatly appreciated)

b) Photographer - 3 came recommended by my wedding planner, problem is without one of them having a portfolio and the others shooting wedding's not on Eagle Beach how can I tell who is the better photographer? I have reviewed a few past wedding sample pictures that I was given, but just can't pick my photographer. if you have had a great experience or better yet have pictures I could see shot by your recommended photographer I would love to see them.

c) Favors - HELP! lol I am taking our immediate bridal party on a boat cruise, jeep tour and fine dining dinner downtown to say thank you but for the rest of the guests am stuck on what to give.... If anyone has any sugesstions please feel free as it stands right now I am looking at ordering the following for a personalized beach bag for every guest;

* star fish bottle stopper
    * bag of turquoise candies (our wedding colours are turquoise, tan & white)
    * throw away camera with flash
    * personalized silk fan (turquoise) that is meant to be taken to the ceremony on the wedding day
    * palm tree cookie cutter
    * welcome info on the plan for the week with excursions, wedding day schedule etc.

Feedback on any of the above would be awesome as I am just down tot he wire with only 120 days to go!!!!!!

Thanks so much!

Hi Chloe,
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'm also planning a wedding in Aruba in July 2010 and found this link.

I forget if someone else posted it on this site or if I found it while searching for favors myself.
    Anyway, you can get personalized lip balm for your guests.

http://www.beau-coup.com/personalize...ing-favors.htm

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Chloe, my responses in red...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
    Good afternoon all!

I am a new member who is being married in January in Aruba. I have a few issues that I cannot make a decision on and am seeking a little assistance from all of you past brides, current brides or anyone who knows anything about planning an Aruba wedding.... I have a few concerns below and wondered if anyone could elborate on what they did for these item(s) for their day. Our wedding day is on January 8th and the ceremony is being held at the Eagle Beach with reception on Renaissance Ocean suite beach immediatley to follow. Are you sure they do a reception there, the reason I ask is I have never heard this b4, of course I am not saying they won't.. Here are my concerns;

a) DJ - Who can recommend a fabulous DJ who plays modern great music and likes to have fun with it, as I know there are a few guests looking to make a speech and so he/she will need to allow for microphone use. (I am being recommended to use DJ Tino, has anyone used this fellow previously or has any comments as they would be greatly appreciated) Tino is an excellent DJ, and a great guy..everyone that knows him loves him...I know him personally..

b) Photographer - 3 came recommended by my wedding planner, problem is without one of them having a portfolio and the others shooting wedding's not on Eagle Beach how can I tell who is the better photographer? I have reviewed a few past wedding sample pictures that I was given, but just can't pick my photographer. if you have had a great experience or better yet have pictures I could see shot by your recommended photographer I would love to see them. Two come to mind... I can recommend are bella aruba, & brian..both active on this site

c) Favors - HELP! lol I am taking our immediate bridal party on a boat cruise, jeep tour and fine dining dinner downtown to say thank you but for the rest of the guests am stuck on what to give.... If anyone has any sugesstions please feel free as it stands right now I am looking at ordering the following for a personalized beach bag for every guest;

* star fish bottle stopper
    * bag of turquoise candies (our wedding colours are turquoise, tan & white)
    * personalized silk fan (turquoise) that is meant to be taken to the ceremony on the wedding day
    * palm tree cookie cutter
    ARUBA aloe products, belgium chocolates, wine...
    * welcome info on the plan for the week with excursions, wedding day schedule etc.

Feedback on any of the above would be awesome as I am just down tot he wire with only 120 days to go!!!!!!

Thanks so much!

Cindyo...wishing you a great wedding...

Aruba since 1979

hmm i do not think that disposable cameras are a great idea.
    folks just do not seem to use them from what i have witnessed over the last few yrs.
    if it involves film, it is has been (except for professionals)

so many folks have digital cameras now and photos go up via facebook so fast now!!!!!!!!!
    skip the expense of digital cameras

I've heard the same on disposable cameras. Those and sunscreen were on my initial list for the welcome bags. I do plan to get a couple waterproof disposable cameras for the kids to use for the snorkeling excursion but think everyone I know has digital cameras for the rest of the weekend. I've also heard that sunscreen is a waste since people know to bring it. We're going to have plenty of extra on hand but won't be putting it in the bags.

I do plan to put Aruba Aloe's After Sun cream in my bags though - I've heard great things about it and their other products. I plan to stock up on burn balm and aloe gel too, for guests that 'over-indulge' in the sun. In Aruba we're also buying bottled water and homemade Dutch cookies.

A couple of new adds to my welcome bags are for my girlfriends -- I plan to include straw visors that I'm customizing and La Roche-Posey Thermal Spring Water which I found out about on Real Simple: http://www.realsimple.com/magazine-m...704/page9.html

My fiancÚ insists I need to come up with something special for 'the guys'. For them I was planning snacks and booze but he doesn't think that's good enough. I'm at a loss... My buddies will care about the munchies and beer but I don't know his guys.

For everyone I'll make CDs of some of the music that will play at the reception (especially the bhangra I am collecting myself) - and am requesting a playlist from the DJ so I can see if there are a few "island" / carribean / latin songs worth including. Something that will help them remember the trip. Our DJ is Mark Benson from Cool Pro DJs being provided by the hotel. There will be two guys - Mark and DJ Randolph. I think Mark works as Emcee? One of the other brides on here met them a month or two ago and really liked them (Jingle96), but didn't get to hear them play. LisaGeo had them at her wedding and posted a positive review. Still, I can't say I'm totally comfortable yet -- can't find a website for them and not seeing much feedback on here. DJ Tino is one that I have heard great things about (here on the forum).

Instead of favors we're taking everyone on a sailing / snorkeling excursion the day before (and we're doing a candy buffet at the reception). I do like the idea of fans, but thought it may just be too windy for them to add benefit. But, I'm told over and over again it will be really really hot, so I'm wondering if I should reconsider? Any feedback from the Aruba experts? Do the fan or ditch the fan? I love the palm leaf fans and they look sturdy.

Not sure if any of that is any help, but good luck! It will be here before you know it. Our wedding is 7 weeks away and I'm starting to panic...
    Last edited by christene; 09-09-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Do the fan or ditch the fan?
    With the wind they will have a fan they won't have to power themselves.
    Nor something which they will have to worry about clasping tightly so it does NOT blow away.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. My wedding planner has me worrying about the heat. She is trying to get me to push back the wedding time because it. We're planning 4:30 (sun sets at 6:15). I don't want to be backlit by the sun and want to go have our sunset photos done privately while the guest enjoy the sunset during cocktail hour. Does half an hour really make that much of a difference at the end of October?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    With the wind they will have a fan they won't have to power themselves.
    Nor something which they will have to worry about clasping tightly so it does NOT blow away.

You are close to the equator and the sun sets very quickly.

I have been to many weddings where disposable cameras were placed on the tables for guests to use during the reception. It's fun to see the surprise photos and the candid shots.

Aruba wedding

Hello Chloe, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
    To answer some of your questions I have to say that DJ Tino is the ultimate on my list for DJ services. He is well equipped with everything you need to make your day an everlasting dance party success and he knows how to get the people on the dance floor. I would recommend him in a heartbeat...
    Eagle Beach is pristine and fantastic for your wedding, ( PER Christene}don't do it to early because your guests will sweat and so will you walking down that aisle. Right now the sun is setting about 6:40 and we start weddings at 5:30. The coordinators know the exact time for weddings to begin for great photos and videography and for your guests not to cover their eyes while directly looking at wedding couple. If they start earlier the guests will sweat in this sweltering heat. Don't forget you sweat even more being in a wedding dress and will be shiny. If it is hurricane season don't forget the wind is gone and it is a scorcher.
    Photographers well I will P.M you so I can send my portfolio...
    Favors- I love the canvas bag with Aruba engraved or monogrammed with your initials. I agree and disagree with disposable because so many people come with their own cameras and at night the disposable do no justice even with a flash... I suggest as Cindy said Aruba Aloe products- Email them to see what special deal they can give on bundles or just small samples size bottles, I also suggest a bottle of Ponche Crema, bottled water of Aruba, a fan is a great idea and has become very popular- you can get it with name engraved or they even have the wedding ceremony details on a durable paper and glue it to a popsicle stick and wrap a ribbon around it and guests use it to fan while on the beach. Bubbles are great for each guest before they announce you husband and wife.
    If you have children I suggest to have a kids table and have a pail of crayons, coloring books and fun things to keep them busy, I have 3 kids and wished someone else would of that of that idea. Parents enjoy and kids are happy
    I wish you a happy wedding planning and hope these suggestions helped out....
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast