Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: help with getting marrage license translated

help with getting marrage license translated

Why does everyone make a deal about getting the marrage license translated and dutch apostille. does the civil hall send certificate (license that we sign) to the address we leave translated and with the dutch apostille when they are done with it?

Or do me and my new Wife sign and Judge signs and then they stamp at door and we put in our pocket and take home right then???

Have got a few diffrent storries i figure it is just international wedding coordiator trying to keep sercrets.

THANKS THIS FORUM IS GREAT!!

I am in the process of finding this same thing out! I am hoping to take our Dutch certifiate back to the states and have it certified thru a document translation service here. One wedding coordinator in Aruba told me that they use a private company in Aruba to do the translation, so I am thinking that we should be able to do the same here. Please post if you get any answers.

Quote Originally Posted by gkbransonjr View Post
    Why does everyone make a deal about getting the marrage license translated and dutch apostille. does the civil hall send certificate (license that we sign) to the address we leave translated and with the dutch apostille when they are done with it?

Or do me and my new Wife sign and Judge signs and then they stamp at door and we put in our pocket and take home right then???

Have got a few diffrent storries i figure it is just international wedding coordiator trying to keep sercrets.

THANKS THIS FORUM IS GREAT!!
    This is a question for Mr Christiaans. By asking directly you will have only one answer and it will be the "official" answer from a government agent.

The translated certificate IS your marriage license.

The marriage certificate which is translated to ENGLISH in Aruba is the one which has the APOSTILE.

It is the marriage license you will use once back in the U.S. to show proof of marriage.

If you simply took the Dutch certificate back to the U.S. and paid a translator in the U.S. you would not have a version with the APOSTILE and it would not be an official document.

Apostille

OK, lets get this clear before we get more confusion.

The in English translated document here on Aruba contains a official stamp but that's definitely not an apostille. If you want an additional apostille which normaly is on the back of the document that need to be done at the Ministry of Justice department on Aruba. So its up to the translator or weddingplanner if they get this apostille yes or no.

From all the US couples who are married through our company in all these years we have never heard any issue with the documents. (and that's without apostille)

Regards,
    Robert
    Robert Arenz weddingplanner and professional photographer
    http://www.photographyaruba.com http://www.dreamweddingsaruba.com

Angry SSA would not accept Translated Aruban Marriage Certificate

On Friday I received my translated marriage document from Aruba (I was married on 4/29/2011). The first page is the official translation (written in english), while the second page is A COPY of the marriage document we signed. On the back of the first page is a stamp and seal for the translated document. I was under the impression I would be sent the original marriage document, but these are both clearly copies. The dutch document is not only clearly a copy but there is no raised seal, there is a stamp at the bottom of the page and is signed by the officiant, but doesn't really look official. I took the document to my local Social Security Administration office (in NYC) and they would not accept the translation, they said they would have to send it to one of their own translators and this would take 4-6 weeks to issue a new card. Hopefully, they will recognize it and issue my new card. I am worried that I will continue have trouble with this document. The New York DMV website clearly states it will only accept U.S. marriage documents, so I am thinking about trying to get my name changed on my passport first. Color me frustrated...

I do not know if this link will help, but it was written by a New York bride Name Change/ Register in NYC after Civil Wedding

Im hoping we dont have any issues with this in the UK!

Arlette advised us that she would get the certificate translated and then legalised before we leave the island (hopefully)!

Will be interested to see if all is ok with it when we get back!

Banned
    My husband and I were married in Positano, Italy. We don't have a translated marriage licence either. I decided to keep my maiden name...it was easier than changing all the necessary documents....and cheaper! If you are planning to have children, then that is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    My husband and I were married in Positano, Italy. We don't have a translated marriage licence either. I decided to keep my maiden name...it was easier than changing all the necessary documents....and cheaper! If you are planning to have children, then that is a different story.
    If you are working with Ms. Arlette you won't have a problem, she got all of our documents translated and ready for us 2 days after our wedding, so we got to bring everything home, and we deposited them with the general register office with no hassle. I honestly believe Arlette is the best planner on that Island, and so considerate of all our needs...Thank God for her!

Sas.