Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Getting married October 1st!

Help!! Getting married October 1st!

Hi all!!
    I am planning on getting married October 1st to the most amazing guy in the world!! What I am wondering is... We have 30 people all staying at the Divi, I have always dreamed of having a DJ and being able to do all those "bride" things such as the first dance with my new husband to a very special song. Is the only reception option to go to the sunset grill? It seems like alot of money to spend for dinner when we have all already spent the money on an all-inclusive? Is it worth it to spend another 30 dollars a person? any input would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks!!
    Tammy

Aruba since 1979
    what has your wedding coordinator suggested?
    i am confused, are you looking for a DJ or a location to have your dinner reception or both?

there is a DJ member of this forum CYLCLONE PRODUCTIONS (that is his username) and maybe he can help.

Quote Originally Posted by barneynewf View Post
    Hi all!!
    I am planning on getting married October 1st to the most amazing guy in the world!! What I am wondering is... We have 30 people all staying at the Divi, I have always dreamed of having a DJ and being able to do all those "bride" things such as the first dance with my new husband to a very special song. Is the only reception option to go to the sunset grill? It seems like alot of money to spend for dinner when we have all already spent the money on an all-inclusive? Is it worth it to spend another 30 dollars a person? any input would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks!!
    Tammy

Quote Originally Posted by barneynewf View Post
    Hi all!!
    Thanks!!
    Tammy
    When you say "divi" I'm assuming you mean the Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Are you getting married at the Phoenix and staying at the Divi Aruba?

I would check with your wedding planner (if you have one) to see if she can arrange something at your resort on your behalf. If not, I would contact the resort directly to see if they can set a block of tables aside for you and your guests. If you have 30 people booked at that hotel for your wedding I would think they would try and accomodate you if they can. I'm not sure about the DJ though, I guess you'd have to talk to your resort.

I'm pretty sure I have read some information on this board from brides that had thier dinner at the Divi Aruba All Inclusive.

I am getting married in early september at the Phoenix and having our "reception" at the sunset bistro. We are not staying at an all inclusive (some of our guests are) so we are paying for dinner and drinks for the guests.
    We have opted for the steel pan music instead of the DJ, also it's only a total of 11 people.

Good Luck!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials

Soxgirl was able to arrange ala carte dinners for her party of 21 on a couple of nights, though her wedding reception was held at the Sunset Bistro at the Phoenix. Our Wedding Review: Divi All Inclusive and Sunset Beach Bistro May 7, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by christinew View Post
    I'm not sure about the DJ though, I guess you'd have to talk to your resort.
    Good Luck!

I am guessing that because the Divi has their own entertainment and music each and every evening they are not going to be agreeable. The entertainment venue is located right outside the main ala carte restaurant the Red Parrot.

FWIW, you are only getting married once, imo it would be worth it to pay the extra $30 a head and have your own private affair rather than be sitting in an ala carte restaurant with everyone else. I would be surprised the resort would shut down the entire Red Parrot to all of their other paying guests. It is the most popular restaurant.

Aruba since 1979
    another venue where you could bring your dj and have a splendid meal for under $30 would be PAM PAM
    they have an excellent covered function area........very very pretty.

Tammy-

As Arubalisa said we got married at the Divi All Inclusive and had our reception at the Sunset Beach Bistro, and I agree with what she said about only getting married once and having your own reception off the resort. For us it was great to get off the resort one night and it made the night feel more special. It was definitely worth the additional costs. Our wedding coordinator arranged for free transportation from the Divi to the Sunset Beach Bistro which helped to save money.

The Sunset Beach Bistro was perfect for us as it was three courses, right in the sand, and it was extremely private. All of the restaurants at the Divi/Tam will not allow you to really have your own personal space. However, if you are working with Aruba Weddings for You, Marjorie was able to make our dinner reservations ahead of time for all the other nights for our group of 21.

As for the typical wedding traditions, we cut costs by using an ipod instead of a DJ and using a speaker and microphone that we rented from the wedding coordinator. We appointed the best man (my brother) MC for the night and he announced all the first dances and gave a wonderful speech. Friends of ours controlled the ipod which made for an amusing dinner and a few songs of dancing. No one knew what was coming next.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.

Good luck!
    Suzanne

we're getting married October 15th at the tamarjin/divi & are working with aruba weddings for you. we opted not to go with the private reception mostly because we're on a budget, and it seemed kinda silly to pay more for dinner when we're already all inclusive.

here's how it's been set up so far:
    ceremony at 6 (sunset)
    then cocktail hour by the pool, that's when she suggests we have our first dance done (we'll bring our own ipod for music),
    then dinner's scheduled at red parrot for 8 (i believe), i requested that there be a simple tablescape set up - i sent her a picture, all i wanted was a LONG table with simple decorations - i might bring some of my own stuff that she can use.

now all i want to find is a place for everyone to head off to for all night dancing! suggestions?
    ~erin~

Erin-

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Aruba is a beautiful place to get married! The women at Aruba Weddings for You are amazing and will do anything that you want them to do. I definitely brought with me my own decorations and items that I needed for both the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception. They made sure everything was in place and where it needed to be.

Post pictures when you return! And make sure to tell Randolph that Suzanne and Ryan from Boston say hi. He's one of the bartenders at the Divi. He will take great care of you!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding....I have been so out of touch. Big reception a few weeks after we got back from our fab wedding in Aruba and have been busy with the TY cards and work....
    You will have a great time in Aruba and your wedding will be perfect!
    Next Aruba trip in

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Cathy, good to see you are back. I know everyone has been thinking of you since your adventurous wedding in Aruba. How is your mom doing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast