Aruba Beach

Thread: Honeymoon Feb 2013

Honeymoon Feb 2013

Hi,

My fiance and I are planning on Aruba for our honeymoon in February and need some help choosing a resort. We are both in our mid 20s and love the beach. We are not into the club scene but we do both enjoy having a drink or too many . We are both very outgoing people but relaxing on this trip is very important as well. We are set on an all inclusive and have been looking at the Divi, Tamarijn, and Occidental. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

you cannot go wrong with DIVI Tam or Occidental.
    Divi has more couples than Tamarijn.
    They share amenities, but there are more kids/families at the Tam.

The Occidental is a good choice also.
    The Occidental is more upscale than the Divi/Tam.
    Divi Tam in the quieter lo rise area of Druif beach.
    The Occidental is located on Palm Beach/hi rise area.It is a busy area.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubjg View Post
    Hi,

My fiance and I are planning on Aruba for our honeymoon in February and need some help choosing a resort. We are both in our mid 20s and love the beach. We are not into the club scene but we do both enjoy having a drink or too many . We are both very outgoing people but relaxing on this trip is very important as well. We are set on an all inclusive and have been looking at the Divi, Tamarijn, and Occidental. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the quick response, Andrea (sorry it took me a while to get back here, it's been a busy holiday).

So would the difference between low rise and high rise mean that at the Divi you could take a few steps out of your room and be on the beach but you may be on the 10th floor at the Occidental?

Aruba since 1979
    maybe more than just a few steps, but, that would be just one of the differences.
    anther is that the beach for the hi rise is palm beach and that area has a narrower beach than eagle beach where the lo rise is.

the congestion at the lo rise area is less than the hi rise area.

the hi rise area is much busier, has a lot of shops and restaurants and more people.

Quote Originally Posted by dubjg View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, Andrea (sorry it took me a while to get back here, it's been a busy holiday).

So would the difference between low rise and high rise mean that at the Divi you could take a few steps out of your room and be on the beach but you may be on the 10th floor at the Occidental?

the occidental rooms are very close to the beach, as for rooms you most likely would not be above the 6th floor as the 7th thru 9th are timeshares.

being in your 20s, the occidental would be a great choice, all the shopping, cafes, restaurants outside your front door....
    the low rise, very quiet in comparison.
    the beach at the occidental fantastic!!!!!