Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just returned from my Aruba wedding!

Just returned from my Aruba wedding!

Hey all! Since I received a lot of helpful advice from this forum, I wanted to post about our experience. We had our ceremony and reception at Manchebo Beach and used their wedding coordinator, Lissy Lampe. We had just under 70 guests and took over much of the hotel. We had debated about low rise/vs high rise but in the end we wanted the larger/nicer beach. Planning the wedding with Lissy was easy. She responded to us in a timely manner which I preferred to a lot of other planners "island time" responses in the initial planning process. We changed our contract numerous times over the course of the year and she was always friendly/helpful and easy to work with. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Divi Phoenix... amazing location, set up and food! Again, Lissy organized everything for us.... we just showed up. Our biggest highligh was the photographer. We used Victor Winklaar from Winklaar photography and we are SO HAPPY with his work. The day after the wedding we went with him to do a "trash the dress" shoot. Victor spent a lot of time with us and brought us to some great locations. He sent us a sample of the work already and we are extremely pleased with the shots. I would strongly recommend using him and scheduling the trash the dress shoot as well! If anyone wants to private message me for more details or to see samples of the photography, just let me know. Make sure to go to face book and "like" Winklaar photography to check him out. If we could go back and do it all again, we wouldndt change a thing!

Aruba since 1979
    AWESOME
    Congratulations

I am always glad to hear of SUCCESS weddings.

Lissy is terrific and one cannot go wrong choosing HER as one's wedding planner.

Never ever heard a bad word of Victor Winklar.

So, all in all it was a wonderful success and is it time to start planning your 1 yr anniversary trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam5711 View Post
    Hey all! Since I received a lot of helpful advice from this forum, I wanted to post about our experience. We had our ceremony and reception at Manchebo Beach and used their wedding coordinator, Lissy Lampe. We had just under 70 guests and took over much of the hotel. We had debated about low rise/vs high rise but in the end we wanted the larger/nicer beach. Planning the wedding with Lissy was easy. She responded to us in a timely manner which I preferred to a lot of other planners "island time" responses in the initial planning process. We changed our contract numerous times over the course of the year and she was always friendly/helpful and easy to work with. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Divi Phoenix... amazing location, set up and food! Again, Lissy organized everything for us.... we just showed up. Our biggest highligh was the photographer. We used Victor Winklaar from Winklaar photography and we are SO HAPPY with his work. The day after the wedding we went with him to do a "trash the dress" shoot. Victor spent a lot of time with us and brought us to some great locations. He sent us a sample of the work already and we are extremely pleased with the shots. I would strongly recommend using him and scheduling the trash the dress shoot as well! If anyone wants to private message me for more details or to see samples of the photography, just let me know. Make sure to go to face book and "like" Winklaar photography to check him out. If we could go back and do it all again, we wouldndt change a thing!

Absolutely! Lissy and Victor are amazing and it's great that you can use them no matter where on the island you have your wedding. We have a time share so we will be back for sure next year. I think all of our guests are planning return trips too!!

We also considered victor for our wedding, but when we received his price list if kind off scared us, especially just for photography and only one photographer. Then, juney at the renaissance recommended another company where we got photography and videography for relatively the same price. Did you guys have your wedding filmed as well? Who did it?

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Glad you enjoyed your wedding at Manchebo. In my opinion, it has the most wonderful beach on the island. If I were planning a wedding, that's exactly the spot I would pick. Hope you had some time to have fun with Horatio at Pega Pega, our favorite bar.

We looked into the cheaper photographer/videographer packages and the quality was horrendous.... So make sure you ask for samples and see reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by sam5711 View Post
    We looked into the cheaper photographer/videographer packages and the quality was horrendous.... So make sure you ask for samples and see reviews!
    Really? I wonder why your planner even exposed you to horrendous quality work.

Well the photography/videography packages we reviewed, and end up picking was absolutely amazing, we could not have been happier and the quality was better than what we could have gotten even here at home. To be honest all 12 photographer's we were recommended had amazing portfolio's, It's just that Mr Winklaar's didn't really stand out, and I have to admit Aruba has amazing photographer's. And not to mention the level of professionalism was very high. The people we worked with were uniformed in suit and tie, and even had radios to talk to each other, and super polite...I guess it's the Island breeze that makes everyone there so polite, and respectful.

We did an engagement shoot here at home, and our Aruban photographer did a way way better job with our wedding. For such a small Island to have so much talent, amazed our whole wedding party.

You should read my review, it's a little bit more detailed than yours but in the end, I believe we both had the same result...beautiful destination weddings. Our Destination Wedding Review in Aruba end of March, 2011

Sas.

That's awesome! Thanks for the link to your review! Our planner only gave us the info for 4 amazing photographers but we did a little digging on out own and found the cheaper/awful quality work. We were lucky enough to do a "Pre wedding" visit and meet Lissy and she was awesome and set us up to interview some photographers. To us Victor stood out the most bc of his work he presented us and his personality. I wish the states could get some of that Aruban friendliness!! Victor sent us one photo already and the others we should be getting soon. The "trash the dress" pictures I'm So excited to see!! I'm trying to figure out how to upload the one he sent us on here...

Aruba since 1979
    to post a thumbnail photo here

hit REPLY to thread
    then
    scroll down to MANAGE ATTACHEMENTS
    then upload!

Photo by Winklaar Photography

I only have this one so far.. the rest are being worked on. Ill upload more later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just returned from my Aruba wedding!-victor-winklaar.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast