Aruba Beach

Thread: Last minute vow renewal planning

Angry Last minute vow renewal planning

We have been working with a planner for our vow renewal for a couple of months now, but are getting a feeling this may turn out to be a regular vacation, and not a vow renewal as we had hoped. We are having a hard time getting in touch with our planner; emails go unanswered for days (sometimes almost a week), and there has been no contact from the minister or photographer (we are a month out). I'm getting nervous and annoyed, and was wondering if anyone knows another company we can try for a last minute switch. I'm just glad we haven't sent any money yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to your first posting on aruba.com

who is doing the planning? would that person be the one to arrange for all of the other stuff such as photography and minister etc?

have you tried lissy lampe or robert arends?
    Quote Originally Posted by miway2004 View Post
    We have been working with a planner for our vow renewal for a couple of months now, but are getting a feeling this may turn out to be a regular vacation, and not a vow renewal as we had hoped. We are having a hard time getting in touch with our planner; emails go unanswered for days (sometimes almost a week), and there has been no contact from the minister or photographer (we are a month out). I'm getting nervous and annoyed, and was wondering if anyone knows another company we can try for a last minute switch. I'm just glad we haven't sent any money yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I don't want to mention the name because I think they frequent the board, and I'm at a point where I really don't even want to hear the excuses. But no I have not tried Lissy or Robert. I will look them up and make contact. Thanks so much.

And yes, this company was supposed to be taking care of everything for us.

And thanks for the welcome Andrea! Sorry…a little frustrated and trying to get things moving.

Aruba since 1979
    here are some wedding planners that are highly recommended
    Aruba Fairy Tales
    Tel: (+297) 593-8000 ext. 8115
    Mobile: (+297) 593-0045

www.arubafairytales.com

Aruba Weddings For You
    Tel: (+297) 525-5293
    Toll free: 1-800-367-3484
    www.arubaweddingsforyou.com

Cayena Weddings and Events
    Tel: (973) 460-0284
    Tel: (212) 292-4221
    www.cayenaweddings.com

Ceremonies & Celebrations in Aruba
    Tel: (+297) 582-2975
    Tel: (321) 473-3856
    www.ceremoniesinaruba.com

E2 Events
    Mobile: (+297) 593-0006
    Tel: (641) 410-0477
    www.E2events.com

Dream Weddings Aruba
    Tel: (+297) 564-3298/565-6872
    Tel: (917) 442-5100
    www.dreamweddingsaruba.com

Letz Aruba
    Tel: (+297) 592-7776
    Toll free: 1-866-978-6804
    www.letzaruba.com

Simply Us Weddings LLC
    Tel: (+297) 565-1534
    Tel: (646) 652-7801
    www.simplyusweddings.wix.com/simplyus-

Thanks for the recommendations!

Welcome to the forum and good luck! Don't stress. Remember it's Aruba - they're on island time I stressed about a vow renewal and asking questions and setting everything up like I did my wedding. The universe had a different plan for us and it wound up being less than we planned for, but even better than I could have imagined! Hang in there!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks Jacki! I needed that. I have already been thru the drama with my original wedding and didnt want to go thru it again. We r seriously thinking about giving up and just doing an anniversary photo shoot. Will make calls this weekend and see what happens! But in the end its us and we are happy...and we will be on a fab vacation...thats all that matters!

Don't give up! Decide what is really important and what you absolutely must have and just go with it.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ