Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legally Married at Home vs Civil Aruba Ceremony

My fiance and I are getting married in Aruba next April and are doing both the civil town hall and beach ceremony. We are wondering if we have to go through our wedding planner (which is outragously priced) for the town hall ceremony or if we can just do it ourselves???

We didn't use a wedding planner at all. I was in contact with the conciege (Yvette) at the Playa Linda and she basicly did all the work for me and it was great. They have some package deals you can pick from. Saved a lot of money, plus I wasn't a bridezilla about anything. It was going to be great no matter how it turned out. And it was beautiful!

We also decided to get married in NYC before we had our ceremony in Aruba. Having two different dates wasn't a big deal for us and we figured we would get another anniversary to celebrate. Also, we didn't really want to see each other on the day of the ceremony until she was walking down the aisle. Finally, we figured it was going to be a hectic day to begin with we so we would be better off having it done before we left.

It was definitely easier doing it at home.

Aruba since 1979
    you sound like every wedding planners dream client!
    Not a Bridezilla-laid back-good attitude!
    exactly the way everyone should be.....and probably a lesson on daily life coping. lay back , chill be happy.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    We didn't use a wedding planner at all. I was in contact with the conciege (Yvette) at the Playa Linda and she basicly did all the work for me and it was great. They have some package deals you can pick from. Saved a lot of money, plus I wasn't a bridezilla about anything. It was going to be great no matter how it turned out. And it was beautiful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12