Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Feca
  • 1 Post By Day79

Thread: Make up Artist for Women of Color?

Make up Artist for Women of Color?

I would love to hear from brides of color who have had their bridal make up done in Aruba. It would be great to have my make up done professionally for my wedding but what worries me is if the artists are use to working on women of color. I don't wear make up normally so I went to my local MAC store to see if they could match or custom blend a foundation for me, to which they could not. I was told by the rep. to get a tan! A few times over the years I've gotten make up done professionally for different events and it's always been the case where the make up was either too light or too dark or just disappointing in general. I really want to have stunning wedding photos but don't know what to do. As it stands now, I actually have an appointment with a dermatologist to see if maybe I can get my skin so clear and polished that maybe I won't even need much make up but there may not be enough time for me to implement a skin regimen. Any advice is appreciated.

Aruba since 1979
    there are a few wedding professional members here that hopefully will respond to you.
    great question.

you do want your photos to come out perfect and you want to look and feel comfortable too.

hopefully one of our wedding professional members will have a suggestion

.......and your dermatologist might have good advice as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day79 View Post
    I would love to hear from brides of color who have had their bridal make up done in Aruba. It would be great to have my make up done professionally for my wedding but what worries me is if the artists are use to working on women of color. I don't wear make up normally so I went to my local MAC store to see if they could match or custom blend a foundation for me, to which they could not. I was told by the rep. to get a tan! A few times over the years I've gotten make up done professionally for different events and it's always been the case where the make up was either too light or too dark or just disappointing in general. I really want to have stunning wedding photos but don't know what to do. As it stands now, I actually have an appointment with a dermatologist to see if maybe I can get my skin so clear and polished that maybe I won't even need much make up but there may not be enough time for me to implement a skin regimen. Any advice is appreciated.

I'm sure there ar artists in Aruba who can work very good with colored skin. Did you asked your wedding planner?
    As a make-upartist/estetician myself I know that finding a good make-up for darker skincolors is very hard. I would recommend to keep on searching and bring your own make-up for your wedding, its easy to have it with you for retouching during the day. And then you are absolutely sure it is the right color for your skintype.
    And I would definetly recommend to go to an dermatologist to try to get your skin clear. You have to tell him your weddingdate, so he can help you get the best skin possible by then. Better today then tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice. I have my dermatologist appt tomorrow so I'm hoping for the best. I've spent so much time and money thus far buying different brands of make up to experiment, going to make up counters..etc. I never knew this would be so challenging! Maybe I should relay on my inner beauty to shine through!!!

Did you try Sasha cosmetics? These foundations are more yellow based and made especially for exotic skintones. I just heard about it, saw a friend with the make-up on and it looked absolutely perfect.
    Also I'm a little suprised MAC make-up doesn't have the right color for you! When I still worked as a make-upartist, I used to blend foundations into the perfect color, especially with darker skintones.

I am a woman of color who got married in Aruba, July 2010. I had a wonderful makeup artist who did an amazing job, Jennive. Please PM me if you have any questions.