Aruba Beach

Thread: Marriage in Aruba?

Marriage in Aruba?

Hey everyone I'm Nicole! I got engaged on Thanksgiving 2011 and I'm ecstatic.

For a while now my fiance and I have been toying with all our options. He has a huge family (34 cousins, 14 aunts/uncles and their spouses) where as mine is significantly smaller. We want to do a nice wedding at a church, with a nice venue, and you know...the normal. But after hunting and hunting, we can't agree on much other than we are dying to honeymoon in Aruba. We know that we can't honestly afford the 15,000-20,000 it's going to cost us to have a standard wedding. And that's the budget after we cut out a lot!

And then a thought trickled into our heads, WHAT IF we not only honeymooned but got married there?! And now we are looking into it. There are no definites, as we want to price it out and get opinions. But I'd love some feedback.

I saw roundtrip it's only about 1,250 for the two of us to fly and that's really not bad at all! But I want to know about where is the best place to stay. We've always imagined fun stuff like swim up bars (not sure if any place has these). And great nightlife (we're 22 and 23).

Also is it really expensive for us to invite guests? I'm assuming ontop of flight the rooms have to be expensive. We were thinking just our parents so we'd have witnesses. We don't want a wedding and reception. Especially if it's just us or just us and our parents. We thought just a romantic wedding on the beach and be done with it. Maybe dinner with our parents if it's doable to have them.

Any and ALL insight and opinions would be so helpful and greatly appreciated. Even any price estimates anyone has would be great. I've sent out some emails on this site, and hope to hear back from people soon!

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    The Radisson does a beautiful wedding. Email Lisa Dammerman at the Radisson who is the wedding coordinator, she did ou renewal of vows on the beach at sunset and it was just outstanding. Also, get in touch with Players Choice Tours, 1-800-79ARUBA, great price including,air,transfers,hotel,breakfast,lunch, $200 beverage credit, spa credit. For our trip in July for 10 days we are paying $3000.00. Good luck and congratulations on you engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by bgmouse View Post
    The Radisson does a beautiful wedding. Email Lisa Dammerman at the Radisson who is the wedding coordinator, she did ou renewal of vows on the beach at sunset and it was just outstanding. Also, get in touch with Players Choice Tours, 1-800-79ARUBA, great price including,air,transfers,hotel,breakfast,lunch, $200 beverage credit, spa credit. For our trip in July for 10 days we are paying $3000.00. Good luck and congratulations on you engagement.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will start looking into all of this. 3,000 is much more affordable than 20,000

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    Just let me know if I can help with anything else. Also, I have Lisa's email address at the Radisson if you need it.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I've spoken to her on my last trip to aruba in december. she's wonderful. they have packages for under 10 people that would work for you. i wish i kept them, but since it wouldn't apply to us, i kind of threw those out. sorry.