Aruba Beach

Thread: Mill Hotel and Holiday Inn

Mill Hotel and Holiday Inn

Hello,

We are getting married at the Westin this summer, but some of our guests are looking for less expensive lodging options. Some have asked me about the Mill Hotel and the Holiday Inn. I don't know anything about either of them or if they are close to the Westin? If any of you have any information for me to pass along, please let me know. Thank you!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by poodles2 View Post
    Hello,

We are getting married at the Westin this summer, but some of our guests are looking for less expensive lodging options. Some have asked me about the Mill Hotel and the Holiday Inn. I don't know anything about either of them or if they are close to the Westin? If any of you have any information for me to pass along, please let me know. Thank you!

Mill is the closest. Holiday Inn a bit of a hike.

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    The Mill is right behind the Westin. The Holiday Inn is about a half mile down the road. Both places are comparable but the Mill has a few more amenities in the rooms like mini fridges and microwaves.

The following map views show the resort's proximity to the beach

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5653079&lon=-70.048576&z=18&l=0&m=b the Mill is bottom right hand corner and not on the ocean

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.575502&lon=-70.0450033&z=18&l=0&m=b the Holiday Inn Resort is directly oceanfront

We had people staying in both resorts. The Mill is closer of course, so I saw more of my guests who were staying there, but the Holiday Inn is on the beach and it offers (semi) affordable all-inclusive plans. The mill also has the advantage of mini kitchens and adjoin-able rooms that make a little apartment so it's great for families. So there are advantages for both. I would recommend though that you only suggest the Holiday Inn to people who are comfortable walking to come to see you/go to the wedding, because as others have said it is a bit of a hike.

Don't give up on the Westin though, we/our guests found some great deals about 2-3 months out from the wedding. One we found on Expedia was called "Weekend special". Those only last for the weekend, so jump on them if they are good (one of our guests missed out for not moving quickly)! Also, if you find that your guests are getting other amenities for booking closer to the date of stay like free breakfast, shoot an email to Inge and ask about it, they might give it to you as well. The worst they can say is no!

Aruba since 1979
    yes mill is across the street from westin
    holiday inn is up the road a half mile

if it were me, (and i am as bold as brass) i would contact the manager of the westin and ask for a discount.
    be upfront, tell him it is important for your guests to be with you and you WANT to give the Westin the business.
    heck, it is better to have folks using the westin resort at lesser pricing than to have those rooms go empty.

it never hurts to ask!

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by poodles2 View Post
    Hello,

Thank you all for your input. We have worked out a deal with the Westin, they were really good about it actually. Most of our guests have already booked to stay there. There are just a few who are still trying to find a better deal. Can't make everyone happy! Thanks again to all!