Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: moving along

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

moving along

Well, I emailed Lisa, haven't heard back yet. I emailed Tino, haven't heard back yet. I emailed Jason, of course I heard back, lol. so far we have an app't with him the week we're there. He is so accommodating. But my stepdaughter wanted him so bad so I'm glad for that. I'm trying to set up an app't with lisa and with tino.

I also saw that MCM Tours is located in upstate NY. That's good, we're from NJ. I have their number and the contact name lisa gave me. once we're back from aruba, she'll call them and start that ball rolling.

i put in an email for wedding invites. she wants a booklet form with all the transportation info, itinerary, weather for guests to know, etc., but she saw what she wanted on another bride's blog. hopefully SOMEONE will be able to reproduce it. Unfortunately that bride did it herself. We're not that artistic, lol..

I'll keep you posted. Finally, we're moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I also saw that MCM Tours is located in upstate NY.
    MCM/Players Choice is located in Yonkers. EVERYTHING can be done via phone and mail. I have found they respond quicker to phone calls than email.

I also remembered today that airfares are never available until approximately 330 days prior to travel.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    that's true about the airlines. we would start in January. I agree, a phone call is better especially when you're dealing with that. if she chooses october, that should be good.

i think a bus would be better if the majority of the people are on the same flight. she'll probably have about 30 people because some, like me and her mom, will be there earlier than the guests. my husband & I are going to use that as our normal two week vacation.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    TINO works at the rennaissance suites, just stroll in if you are there and you will find him.
    He's the nicest guy, and I am sure will make you happy !

Aruba since 1979
    tino also is a forum member here " cyclone promotions"

you could try contacting him by private message on this site

she'll probably have about 30 people because some, like me and her mom, will be there earlier than the guests. my husband & I are going to use that as our normal two week vacation.
    I think the KTS mini bus holds 28 people. I am sure they can put together something. It is always a memorable experience traveling with a large group like that, and it they are all arriving on the same flight, outta be a piece of cake.

Is she going to send out a "save the date" after the visit and then work on the travel details after the first of the year?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-09-2012 at 06:33 PM.

no save the date. she is going to contact mcm tours, get all details and work out costs. then send out a booklet style invite (found someone who can create this) with all details including the date of wedding, place, costs, who to contact to pay, when to pay by, the itinerary for the 4 days, details about aruba such as weather, etc, and then a reply date. she'll send out the regular invite about 6 months in advance. she saw this style invite from another bride and it was so informative. this way the guests know what the costs would be and where to book, etc, what to expect and then can make an informed decision based on the timeframe and the cost.

I emailed Tino first at his website and then again today I sent a private message like Andrea suggested. Hopefully he'll get back to me.

I'm surprised Lisa hasn't gotten back to me. I sent her two emails, one at the weddings@radisson and another one at the email address ArubaLisa gave me. Neither one got kicked back so I'm assuming she got them.

The only one who got back to me quickly, as always, is Jason. I know we have time but 2 days seems long when you're trying to make an appointment. Of course she could be on vacation, though I would think she would have one of those generated response emails if she wasn't available. I do know she has an assistant. I'll wait till Monday before I panic, lol. I do know things don't move fast. I just figured a new potential client, you'd want to get back to them soon. Especially cause I bragged to my stepdaughter about them, lol, lol...

Just heard from Lisa, yeah. that appointment is set. moving right along, lol.........

Aruba since 1979
    maybe an addition to the booklet style invite......add the www.aruba.com as something that the guests can use for information.
    no save the date. she is going to contact mcm tours, get all details and work out costs. then send out a booklet style invite (found someone who can create this) with all details including the date of wedding, place, costs, who to contact to pay, when to pay by, the itinerary for the 4 days, details about aruba such as weather, etc, and then a reply date. she'll send out the regular invite about 6 months in advance. she saw this style invite from another bride and it was so informative. this way the guests know what the costs would be and where to book, etc, what to expect and then can make an informed decision based on the timeframe and the cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast