Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice - Westin booked by another wedding

We originally emailed them through their website and it took a long time to get a reply. Just when we had given up on them we heard from them. After that initial contact though, communication was good.

thanks everyone. My date is 10/10/10 and I think it's going to be a popular one which is why I'm having trouble. We like the date though, it's easy to remember so don't really want to change it. I'll try the island and hope something works out.

Wow -- what a great date! I can see why it would be popular! Guess we were just lucky to get our date. Or maybe people are superstitious and don't want to get married on Halloween!

The one thing I like about having a wedding in Aruba is that it's such a personalized event- unlike some islands with resorts that have 5-6 weddings in one day. I chose to have my wedding at the Renaissance for many reasons. The main one was because of the ability to have the ceremony/ reception at a private location. I think it's especially great if you're having a decent size group. As Christine said the prices are fairly reasonable. I've been in contact with Juney and he seems very nice. I've heard such wonderful things about him and his work as a planner. I know they usually do one wedding a day there but they can do two if one is small.

Aruba is such beautiful place that no matter what your final choice is your weding will be beautiful.

My fiance and I also have never been to Aruba... our wedding will be the first time for us and most of our guests.

Smile advice

Hello Sunnybride and congratulations.
    You certainly picked a popular date for your wedding. This year in Aruba on 9-9-9 every hotel and outside coordinator was booked or double booked. It is a special day and I would really check out different locations. I do not see a problem at Westin for 2 weddings since they are spread out at the ceremony and it would be a choice of where you want your reception.
    If you are looking at other choices than there are alot to choose from. On behalf of Radisson Resort I can say that you no longer have to book 10 rooms or any if you want a ceremony and reception there. The downpayment is not much as well to hold the date. If you wanted a group rate than the $3,000 is towards the hotel and the wedding. Radisson has a great beach, not many tourists as other places nor does it have any soar eye objects in the way. The reception can be held in over 4 different areas on the premises.
    The coordinator is Lisa Dammerman who is also very attentive at creating what you imagine.
    You can also use outside coordinators such as Ceremonies & Celebrations or E2 for another choice at various locations.
    Good luck and I hope this information was helpful.
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Munzenhofer View Post
    Hello Sunnybride and congratulations.
    You certainly picked a popular date for your wedding. This year in Aruba on 9-9-9 every hotel and outside coordinator was booked or double booked. It is a special day and I would really check out different locations. I do not see a problem at Westin for 2 weddings since they are spread out at the ceremony and it would be a choice of where you want your reception.
    If you are looking at other choices than there are alot to choose from. On behalf of Radisson Resort I can say that you no longer have to book 10 rooms or any if you want a ceremony and reception there. The downpayment is not much as well to hold the date. If you wanted a group rate than the $3,000 is towards the hotel and the wedding. Radisson has a great beach, not many tourists as other places nor does it have any soar eye objects in the way. The reception can be held in over 4 different areas on the premises.
    The coordinator is Lisa Dammerman who is also very attentive at creating what you imagine.
    You can also use outside coordinators such as Ceremonies & Celebrations or E2 for another choice at various locations.
    Good luck and I hope this information was helpful.
    really? when did this happen in regards to the radisson? i just booked with them and had to pay the deposit for the 10 rooms so i'm wondering where you got this info from?
    Last edited by oneeyejack; 09-16-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Radisson

Well don't quote me exactly, I do not work there but I do know that Radisson does have a group rate which is outstanding and with the $5,000 it goes towards holding the rooms and then gets transferred for the wedding balance. A deposit is needed of at least $2,500 to $3,000 for reserving your date 6 months before the wedding. In the end it all has to be paid off and Radisson works together with the client.
    I love various hotels and think every bride has their location from the heart of where they want their dream wedding to be. If a wedding costs $5,000 or $10,000 in the end it all gets paid in full.
    Sorry if i mislead anyone. for more info get in touch with Radisson coordinator
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

The Radisson just told me that if I don't book 10 rooms then they can't guarantee my space until 6 months prior to the date. Since my date is so popular we won't be taking that risk.

We're now deciding between the Renaissance and the Westin. I want the Renaissance private island my partner wants the Westin. He thinks our group is maybe a little too small to have a private island to ourselves. I disagree. We'll see what happens, we have a call appointment with both places today so we can make our decision.

Aruba since 1979
    i have been looking at matthews site and it looks like i am throwing in a 3rd option for you.

http://www.matthews-aruba.com/groups/

not trying to make trouble, but just trying to give you options.

andrea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast