Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Need official copy of marriage certificate ASAP

Great! So happy it worked out for you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

If you need something picked up from Aruba, I'm here in Aruba until March 22. I can mail it once I'm home if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Great! So happy it worked out for you!
    Well not yet- will be happy when I have certificate in hand and done with this passport business.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    I would contact the Office of Civil Registry in Aruba:

Office of Civil Registry
    Schoolstraat 2
    Oranjestad, Aruba
    Phone +297 583 4400 (Oranjestad)
    Fax +297 583 9160 - pivaruba@setarnet.aw

This phone number does NOT work.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    If you need something picked up from Aruba, I'm here in Aruba until March 22. I can mail it once I'm home if needed.
    So nice of you Robin!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maryinsouthie View Post
    This phone number does NOT work.
    Are you using the country code when you dial? Tel: 011 (297) 583-4400
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Thanks Robin, If the contact I have doesn’t follow through in next couple of days I will let you know!!

I just need official Dutch certificate. Thanks!!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryinsouthie View Post
    Hi all,

I was married in Dec 2005 and need an official copy of my marriage certificate ASAP. I sent what I thought was my certificate to the passport agency (with translation attached) and they said translation wasn’t good enough? If anyone who can help me I would appreciate it and pay whatever fee required. FYI, it can not be a photocopy.
    Hello! Belated Congrats on your marriage!

I read through this thread and have another idea: Have you tried to get your marriage registered at your local Registry? As you went through all the legal steps for your marriage in Aruba, it's recognized and accepted in the USA. In the USA, Marriage Licenses are issued by the State, each State has their own laws and regulations. I don't know where you are located but as an example, I looked up the laws for MA, just to give you an idea which steps are required. The link even shows what to do after getting married or what to do, when getting married outside MA. Getting married in MA is not quick either, it takes 60 days.

https://www.mass.gov/topics/marriage-divorce

Hope that info helps a bit.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I just came across another helpful link:

Marriage Requirements for Aruba:
    https://www.theknot.com/content/arub...e-requirements

And:
    How to get a Marriage License:
    https://www.theknot.com/content/marriage-license-basics

Excerpt from second link:
    Once you know in which municipality (city, district and county) your nuptials will take place, you'll need to locate where to obtain the license. It might be city hall, the city or town clerk's office, or the marriage license bureau in the county where you plan to wed. For example, in Connecticut, marriage licenses are issued by the municipal clerk's office in the town where you'll be married, whereas in Iowa, couples may apply at any county registrar or recorder's office. In some states, like New Jersey, you can simply download a marriage license brochure and the license itself to be filled out by you and your spouse-to-be.

Other than the physical paperwork, it's important to be wary of timing. Some states require a several-day waiting period between granting the license and your nuptials taking place. Also, most marriage licenses are only valid for a window of time—anywhere between 10 days and a year—during which you must have the ceremony, sign the license (together with your officiant) and file for a certified license and marriage certificate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast