Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Need official copy of marriage certificate ASAP

Aruba since 1979
    i am not sure if "the knot" has the correct information.

here is another link http://www.aruba.com/sites/default/f...quirements.pdf

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    It all comes down to the State as Marriage Licenses and Marriage Certificates are a State matter. Some require more, some require less.

For example: if the couple lived in Massachusetts when they got married in Aruba, Massachusetts, a Commonwealth State, would require the following to obtain a Marriage Certificate:

Section 36: Marriages without commonwealth by citizens; filing of certificate

Section 36. Any resident of this commonwealth who marries outside the commonwealth and thereafter resides within the United States or any of its territories or possessions, or the spouse or heirs-at-law of such a person, may personally present to the town clerk or registrar of the town where such person was domiciled at the time of said marriage an original certificate, declaration or other written evidence of the same, or a photostatic copy thereof. The clerk or registrar may file such certificate, declaration, written evidence or photostatic copy as evidence establishing such marriage, or may make a copy thereof, which he shall attest as a true copy, and which he may then file as such evidence.

If such certificate, declaration, written evidence, photostatic copy or attested copy is not, in the opinion of the clerk or registrar, sufficient to establish such marriage, and he refuses to file the same, a judge of probate in the county wherein such town lies may, on petition and after a hearing, at which the clerk shall have an opportunity to be heard, order him to receive such certificate, declaration, written evidence, photostatic copy or attested copy as sufficient evidence to establish such marriage, whereupon such clerk or registrar shall file the same.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/Gener...r207/Section36

Just let me know if you need anything from my end. I know how difficult it could be to get important papers from one country to the next especially something so important.

A few years ago, a very good friend of mine ran into issues. His wife are her young son are from Columbia and are not yet US citizens. They went to Columbia for Christmas. When they got to the airport to come home, they discovered she grabbed the expired green cards and would not let her and her son board the plane. He came home alone, had to search for the valid green cards. Once he found them, the issue was getting them to Columbia without them getting "lost". It took a lot of "maybes" and planning, but her family in Miami had a friend of a friend traveling to Columbia. My friend overnighted the valid green cards to her family in Miami. It arrived so late that they had to meet the the friend of a friend at the airport and he/she hand carried the cards to Columbia, where his wife met the friend of the friend at the airport and picked up the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryinsouthie View Post
    Thanks Robin, If the contact I have doesnít follow through in next couple of days I will let you know!!

I just need official Dutch certificate. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Just let me know if you need anything from my end. I know how difficult it could be to get important papers from one country to the next especially something so important.

A few years ago, a very good friend of mine ran into issues. His wife are her young son are from Columbia and are not yet US citizens. They went to Columbia for Christmas. When they got to the airport to come home, they discovered she grabbed the expired green cards and would not let her and her son board the plane. He came home alone, had to search for the valid green cards. Once he found them, the issue was getting them to Columbia without them getting "lost". It took a lot of "maybes" and planning, but her family in Miami had a friend of a friend traveling to Columbia. My friend overnighted the valid green cards to her family in Miami. It arrived so late that they had to meet the the friend of a friend at the airport and he/she hand carried the cards to Columbia, where his wife met the friend of the friend at the airport and picked up the cards.
    Thanks for all the info. I did call court house and they were no help. We canít get remarried because we are legally married, and even if we could my name is now my married name so licence would be in my married name- no help for name change document.

I did however contact my US Senators office and they are working on it for me. So hopefully either they can get a letter from Consulate that covers Aruba saying this is a true marriage certificate, and/or figure out a way to get it filed here in the USA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123