Aruba Beach

Thread: negotiation in Aruba

baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too

negotiation in Aruba

So I've been reading all these books on how to plan a wedding and one thing that seems pretty consistant in all of them is the advice to never take an estimate for granted and always negotiate down because apparently everytime a vendors hears "wedding" - the prices go up.

Aruba brides - I'd love to hear from your experience: is this a common thing in Aruba? Are people open to negotiation or will they be offended as they've already given you the best price or do they expect to be negotiated with? I'd appreciate any insights.

Feel free to also pm me since now i can finally send/receive messages if you don't feel comfortable discussing in the open.

Thank you very much for your input!

vendors are definitely open to negotiation and always want your service. if you tell them that this is your budget for flowers, dj, etc they are always willing to work with you. we did that with several of our vendors and had no problems negotiating prices.

feel free to check out our wedding review and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much for your input oneeyeack! this is great to know.

I love the pics - did you fly this photographer in? they are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by milacik21 View Post
    Thank you very much for your input oneeyeack! this is great to know.

I love the pics - did you fly this photographer in? they are amazing!
    Our Wedding Review at the Radisson - April 10, 2010
    www.aruba.com/forum/f13/our-wedding-review-radisson-april-10-2010-a-45144/#post174960
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyejack View Post
    Photographer – Our photographer was Kenny Kim (http://www.kennykim.com). I met Kenny back in ‘07 at a friend’s wedding in the Bahamas and have kept in touch with him ever since. He has shot several of my friends’ weddings and I’m very familiar with his work. To me, the photography for my wedding was of utmost importance. As an amateur photographer myself, I had to have someone who was top notch. Prices aren’t cheap but I promise that you will have AMAZING photos. You can see some of our wedding photos here: http://blog.kennykim.com/2010/04/des...m-beach-aruba/ If you’re curious, here are some of our engagement photos that we took in NYC: http://blog.kennykim.com/2010/03/peg...ement-session/ He is HIGHLY recommended and I have nothing but praise for his amazing work!

We too negotiated. We used a wedding coordinator for our planning and took the package she gave us and broke down each individual piece. There were parts of the set package that we choose that we didn't want/need so we negotiated for other things. We also were able to cut down the costs for flowers, photographer, hair/make up and the cake without having to compromise on quality. Most are willing to work within your budget. Good luck!

thank you soxgirl - that's exactly what I wanted to hear :-)

thanks for answering lisa! =) we just got back from our delayed honeymoon so i haven't had a chance to be on this site much.