Aruba Beach

Thread: New here....Question about budgeting your wedding...

New here....Question about budgeting your wedding...

Hi everyone!

I'm newly engaged and I've been looking into having a destination wedding and my 1st choice is Aruba because of the beautiful clear blue waters and white sandy beaches. (I've actually never been anywhere tropical so this really apeals to me!)
    Also the fact that Aruba is off the Hurricane belt and I've read that they get little rain there, with an average temp of 82*.

I've also always known that I wanted a small wedding because I'm not one to want everyones eyes on me.
    So a destination wedding is perfect!

I guess I'm looking for tips to have a fabulous wedding on the smallest budget possible. (I'm the frugal one in the relationship!)

I've look at the wedding planner sites and have seen their packages which I don't think are bad at all but I know that I should probably splurge when it comes to the photography.

I've also looked at the hotels/airfare packages and looks like I should budget about $2100 per person for flight/hotel for the time we will be there. (I was thinking 7-8 days, DF and I arriving a few days before the wedding for finalizations and a few days alone together. I also want inclusive hotel)

~Of course we don't have a set date yet because I would like to finish school first but my thought is Early Fall 2010 so flight/hotels can go down or up before then.

The actually wedding/reception is what I'm having a difficult time with.
    I can foresee at least 20 people attending so that is what I was going to budget-setting aside more money of course but using that as a starting point.

I haven't called a planner yet because I told DF that I would try to get a ballpark together and we could discuss it from there whether to go thru with it or not. (I'm crossing my fingers, he'll say yes!!)

So, if people don't mind....(I know this is personal!) giving me a ball park or exact numbers, how much I should expect to pay for my dream wedding?

How many guests attended?

Any tips/unexpected costs that arrived?

THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

How much should I expect to pay for my dream wedding?

I'm recently engaged and when we talked about our wedding I told him that I've always want a destination wedding somewhere tropical. He is all for it so I have the wedding of my dreams which is great BUT, I also don't want to put us into debt so we agreed to wait until fall 2010 for the wedding so we could save up money and pay cash for it.

So how much should we anticipate to save?
    We are anticipating having about 20 guests.

I looked up an inclusive hotel stay for 8 nights, 9 days and it came in at $2050 per person so I'm thinking $2200 per person for hotel/airfare.

The wedding/reception is where I'm at a loss.
    I'm hesitant to call a wedding coordinator or anyone else until I have a solid date in mind.

So if it isn't asking too much, because I know I am stepping on private ground here....

How much did your dream wedding cost? (ball parks or detailed are MUCH help!)

How many guests attended vs. how many you invited?

Any tips/unexpected costs that came up once you got there?

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

Yikes, please excuse the double post.
    I wrote the first one before logging in so I didn't think it got posted.
    Sorry!

No problem.

Welcome to the forum.

I wish I could assist you with your answers. Unfortunately legal marriage for US citizens was still not possible when I married dh in 1997. Need I say I am very jealous!

Wedding Budget

I am researching the same info. If you receive some good advice please share it with me. Good Luck.

Thumbs up Awaiting Bride

Hi! I noticed nobody recommended a professional and great photographer for your wedding in Aruba. You may wish to visit www.winklaar.com he is a local; good price; good photos; good guy! Did my wedding renewal and is truly fantastic. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by AwaitingBride View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm newly engaged and I've been looking into having a destination wedding and my 1st choice is Aruba because of the beautiful clear blue waters and white sandy beaches. (I've actually never been anywhere tropical so this really apeals to me!)
    Also the fact that Aruba is off the Hurricane belt and I've read that they get little rain there, with an average temp of 82*.

I've also always known that I wanted a small wedding because I'm not one to want everyones eyes on me.
    So a destination wedding is perfect!

I guess I'm looking for tips to have a fabulous wedding on the smallest budget possible. (I'm the frugal one in the relationship!)

I've look at the wedding planner sites and have seen their packages which I don't think are bad at all but I know that I should probably splurge when it comes to the photography.

I've also looked at the hotels/airfare packages and looks like I should budget about $2100 per person for flight/hotel for the time we will be there. (I was thinking 7-8 days, DF and I arriving a few days before the wedding for finalizations and a few days alone together. I also want inclusive hotel)

~Of course we don't have a set date yet because I would like to finish school first but my thought is Early Fall 2010 so flight/hotels can go down or up before then.

The actually wedding/reception is what I'm having a difficult time with.
    I can foresee at least 20 people attending so that is what I was going to budget-setting aside more money of course but using that as a starting point.

I haven't called a planner yet because I told DF that I would try to get a ballpark together and we could discuss it from there whether to go thru with it or not. (I'm crossing my fingers, he'll say yes!!)

So, if people don't mind....(I know this is personal!) giving me a ball park or exact numbers, how much I should expect to pay for my dream wedding?

How many guests attended?

Any tips/unexpected costs that arrived?

THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
    Hello!! Congrats on your engagment!! Please read my comments on the wedding forum. My husband and I recently had our 10 year wedding vow renewal in Aruba two weeks ago and I mentioned the wedding coordinator as well as the photographer. It's scary planning something via email and not knowing what to expect. Everything was even more beautiful than I ever expected. Lissy Lampe was the coordinator and I highly recomment her. Angela was the photographer and we have the most beautiful photos of our dream renewal and vacation to always remind us of how beautiful it was. We have been going to Aruba for 10 years now and it is our absolute favorite place to go. If you have any questions just ask me. Maybe I can send some photos. We had 9 people totoal and stayed 8 days. It was truely a dream come true!! Good luck!!

Some wedding ideas...

first let me say Mrs. 44 and I went off to Scotland by ourselves and got married with witnesses we pulled off the street. It was a fantastic time.

so...

...my suggestion for a low-cost wedding is to come down to Aruba, rent place off the track such as the Aruba-Beach-Chalets. Hire the Right Reverend Robert Gibson to do a ceremony there on the deck. For witnesses, maybe invite a friend or two. Take some photos with your own digital cameras.

Then enjoy a week in paradise. After that email a CD to all your friends and relatives with the announcement.

Just a suggestion.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

hey cong!!! have a great life ahead......