Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: newbie! Getting married on Ren island

newbie! Getting married on Ren island

Hi all!
    I am new to the forum and we're getting married in May 2012 on Renaissance Island. We choose this location because we want our privacy. In September we're travelling there to do some preparations. Hopefully that'll take some stress away!!
    are there any brides on the forum who've married there recently? I'm still searching through the threads to find the advices and tips for our dream wedding. I hope you can help us!
    Some things I'd really like to know is the quality of the hairdresser and make-up artist at the Renaissance Hotel. Does anyone have any experience with that? Or is there a better place to go?
    And are the wedding cakes goodlooking and tasty?
    Ofcourse I have loads of questions and there may be a lot of things we didn't think of yet.
    Please reply or PM if you can help us out!!
    thanks from a dutch bride to be!!

TessdB,

I am sorry that I don't have any answers for you but I wanted to say "hi" and welcome!

Aruba since 1979
    i have nothing to say really but i hear that
    JUNEY at the Renaissance is terrific (wedding coordinator) and the place really is beautiful.

i hope others reply to you soon.

Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TessdB View Post
    Hi all!
    I am new to the forum and we're getting married in May 2012 on Renaissance Island. We choose this location because we want our privacy. In September we're travelling there to do some preparations. Hopefully that'll take some stress away!!
    are there any brides on the forum who've married there recently? I'm still searching through the threads to find the advices and tips for our dream wedding. I hope you can help us!
    Some things I'd really like to know is the quality of the hairdresser and make-up artist at the Renaissance Hotel. Does anyone have any experience with that? Or is there a better place to go?
    And are the wedding cakes goodlooking and tasty?
    Ofcourse I have loads of questions and there may be a lot of things we didn't think of yet.
    Please reply or PM if you can help us out!!
    thanks from a dutch bride to be!!

Aruba since 1979
    omg look at that cake and the flowers!

jason, please reduce to thumbnail size.

wow that looks great Jason!!
    thanks for the responses so far!

Aruba since 1979
    excellent photo.
    look at that cake!!!

who made the cake??!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Margarita View Post
    Oh you are very welcome, here is one from a wedding we did on Saturday...

J.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I got married on Ren Island 4 months ago and can give you tons of hints and tips. PM me and we can chat. There are a few things I would recommend if I had it to do all over:

1) I would NOT hire the photographer from the resort. It was a TERRIBLE experience. If I could do it over, I would hire Jason Magerita. I have seen a ton of his pictures and heard amazing things from other brides. He is the best on the island from what I hear;

2) I would hire JenniVie for my hair/makeup again. She made me feel so comfortable and happy before the wedding (which is more important than you realize since she will be in the room with you most of the day). I opted for this rather than the salon because I heard wonderful things about her and they were all right. I did a trial two days before the wedding.

3) The island is VERRRYYYY windy. Make sure you plan accordingly with your hair, veil, candles, etc. (my veil was straight up in some pictures);

4) DJ Tino... is WONDERFUL!!! He made the wedding a blast.

5) I worked with Run Palmera to make mini-rum bottle favors with personalized lables which were a HUGE hit and they were great to work with.

and last but not least...

5) Rev Banfield made my wedding the most amazing, memorable and happiest day of my life! Every one of my guests told me how much they loved the ceremony because of him.

Good luck and let me know if you need ANYTHING at all I know first hand that planning a destiantion wedding can be scary and exciting at the same time.

Amber

Here are some pictures my guests took of my wedding:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/ambercushing/Wedding/P1090405.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/ambercushing/Wedding/P1090412.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...edding/115.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/ambercushing/Wedding/100_0379.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/ambercushing/Wedding/p1090806.jpg
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/ambercushing/Wedding/P1090511.jpg
    Last edited by acushing; 08-03-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Adding pictures :)

Thanks for the great post Amber, I'll certainly PM you for more advice and questions I have!

I also read the stories about the home photograher, and the pictures of Jason are looking great. I hope I can arrange something with Juney for a different photographer.

I'm going to check out your photo's! Thanks again for helping me.

Tessa

Quote Originally Posted by TessdB View Post
    Thanks for the great post Amber, I'll certainly PM you for more advice and questions I have!

I also read the stories about the home photograher, and the pictures of Jason are looking great. I hope I can arrange something with Juney for a different photographer.

I'm going to check out your photo's! Thanks again for helping me.

Tessa
    Hell Tessa,

Amanda's advice is very good!!! My wedding experience was amazing in many ways, and the Island is mesmerizing. Please make sure to make it clear to Juney you DO NOT want the "momento photographer". Besides that you will have an amazing experience, and the Island is without any doubt, perfect and the people AMAZING!

I was being nosy, and was browsing through your thread, and saw my photographer's name! And Amanda is indeed right, Jason is simply the VERY BEST on the Island, and in all honesty I still send him messages on Facebook once in a while thanking him for making my wedding so amazing! I certainly believe and my husband agrees with me, having him as your photographer guarantees your wedding will be perfect!

The WHOLE Island is windy, and you will certainly be fighting with your veil! So wearing your hair up is good advice! And Minister Banfield ROCKS! You will have a blast with him...Also keep in mind that it's windy BUT Hot! So make sure your bridesmaids are carrying a water bottle for you, and something to wipe the sweat away with. And most importantly, HAVE FUN!!!

Read my thread when you got some free time!
    Review of my Wedding at The Riu (NEVER AGAIN!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast