Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: newbie! Getting married on Ren island

baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too
    Hi Tess!
    Good luck with your wedding! i got married on RI this summer too!
    I would highly recommend Jennifer for hair and makeup, she is great. i could not believe how long the makeup she put on me lasted and the hair was great.

The only thing i was dissapointed in was my cake. Despite getting everything in writing, the cake was not at all what we wanted but that was a small part in a whole day that otherwise went really well.

PM me if you have any questions and good luck with planning!

Amber you look beautiful! what a lovely wedding Patti

Hi Tess!

I am getting married in Aruba in May 2012 at the Renaissance too.... so exciting!

So far, this site and the bestdestinationwedding site have been SO helpful.

Through recommendations from both sites, I have settled on Victor Winklaar as my photographer. All of his pictures are absolutely stunning.

I visited Aruba in November, and was able to visit Juney and the Renaissance one morning. He was so helpful and made me so much more confident. He explained that he doesn't use the pastry chef from the hotel and uses an outside vendor that he trusts to make delicious and beautiful cakes. Coincidentally, one was delivered while we were there for a wedding later that day, and it looked beautiful. So rest assured that the bakery he gets his cakes from are great.

As far as hair/makeup for me and my girls, I am still trying to decided on this. Have you made any decisions yet? I contacted Jennive about it, and she said she was available, but I haven't heard anything from her in a few months. I wanted to find out how many people she works with, as I will have 9 or 10 people getting their hair/makeup done between me, my bridal party, and the MOB/MOGs. I am worried that one person can't do all of this, and spoke to Juney about it. He recommended the on-site Okeanos Spa, but I haven't been able to see a lot of pictures of brides they've done. Is there anyone out there that has used them and can recommend (or not recommend) them??

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by anad1027 View Post
    Hi Tess!

I am getting married in Aruba in May 2012 at the Renaissance too.... so exciting!

So far, this site and the bestdestinationwedding site have been SO helpful.

Through recommendations from both sites, I have settled on Victor Winklaar as my photographer. All of his pictures are absolutely stunning.

I visited Aruba in November, and was able to visit Juney and the Renaissance one morning. He was so helpful and made me so much more confident. He explained that he doesn't use the pastry chef from the hotel and uses an outside vendor that he trusts to make delicious and beautiful cakes. Coincidentally, one was delivered while we were there for a wedding later that day, and it looked beautiful. So rest assured that the bakery he gets his cakes from are great.

As far as hair/makeup for me and my girls, I am still trying to decided on this. Have you made any decisions yet? I contacted Jennive about it, and she said she was available, but I haven't heard anything from her in a few months. I wanted to find out how many people she works with, as I will have 9 or 10 people getting their hair/makeup done between me, my bridal party, and the MOB/MOGs. I am worried that one person can't do all of this, and spoke to Juney about it. He recommended the on-site Okeanos Spa, but I haven't been able to see a lot of pictures of brides they've done. Is there anyone out there that has used them and can recommend (or not recommend) them??

Thanks!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Huge hint for the wedding cake.. Keep it low
    We watched one totally slide apart by layers heading over on the boat.
    The food etc arrive by barge or skiff thingy .

Aruba since 1979
    omg
    that must have been awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Huge hint for the wedding cake.. Keep it low
    We watched one totally slide apart by layers heading over on the boat.
    The food etc arrive by barge or skiff thingy .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12