Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Recommended - Paul Van Driel as Wedding Photographer

Not Recommended - Paul Van Driel as Wedding Photographer

We recently had our wedding in Aruba and everything was perfect. Our hotel the Radisson was perfect, our band JoyRide was the best, our videographer Roy Croes was just brilliant - we even had local artist Maya sing us down the aisle to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and all this was brought together by the amazing work of Lisa Dammerman - wedding coordinator of the year! Truly!

With sadness this amazing day was barely captured as our photographer missed many moments. While we do have photos - he missed a photo of my Dad and I walking down the aisle. When we asked him where he was for 1.5 hours he did not provide an answer. He advised he would take candids and photojournalistic imagery - we do not have this type of photography. The images are dark and not the best quality. He was not very directive during the day and I had to beg him to take a few photos. We asked for a refund - he did not provide this. Because I have been vocal about our experience he now will not provide a refund, will not edit any of our photos, and will not provide photos to us that we know he took - he actually showed them to us but refuses to give them to us now. I am saddened by this as most of the people on the island go above and beyond to help. We recently once again asked him to send us the photos he has of our wedding day and he refused. We do not want this to happen to anyone ever again so we do not recommend booking Paul Van Driel for your wedding.

We have received assistance from Victor Winklaar and Angela Munzenhofer to help us with fixing these photos at no cost. WE thought this was extremely generous of them to help us in this situation as now we have to pay other photographers to fix the limited and unfinished photos by Mr. Van Driel.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Aruba since 1979
    congratulatons on your marriage
    i am sorry to hear that your perfect day had a disappointment with photography/photographer.

may you enjoy a long, healthy and happy marriage and live long enough to see your grandchildren's grandchildren
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

thank you andrea - we very much appreciate your support and kind words! everything else Aruba was wonderful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    congratulatons on your marriage
    i am sorry to hear that your perfect day had a disappointment with photography/photographer.

may you enjoy a long, healthy and happy marriage and live long enough to see your grandchildren's grandchildren
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Arashi, Boca Catalina, Baby Beach, Boca Grande
    Hello Kelly...I am sad to hear of your experience with Paul. My wife and I just got married in Aruba November 16 2013 and Paul was our photographer. We had a fun time with him and thought he did a great job. His photos are a real hit back home with our friends and family. Guess I am posting this to put a positive out there as well. He got some amazing pics of us just past Arashi which was were our wedding was.

Glad everything else was wonderful for you.

Congrats on your marriage!!!!
    very sorry to hear about the photographer, I am glad to hear that Angela is helping you!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Peter, how long did it take to get your photos?

Peter - thank you for your email and response. We thought Paul was a great guy but unfortunately the quality of his work was not good and I think that other photographers on the island are much more professional with more creative photography. I am glad that he worked out for you. Maybe you could ask him to give back the photos that he will not give to us now that he took? He has photos from our wedding that he is keeping and will not provide to us. We are missing those memories and do not feel regardless of our opinions of his end product that he should take those moments away from us.

That makes me really sad to read Kelly. It is an outright shame when someone you hire and pay good money to use lets you down like that. I really hope everything works out for you. Cheers...

Hi Gaby...we were given our small wedding album with about 100 photos a couple days before we left. Additionally Paul gave us all the file copies of 286 photos before we left for Aruba. He was a gentleman to my wife and I.

Sounds really terrible for your special day............ If you paid for the service by credit card major cards have the ability to cancel payment and refund your charge to account. Im not sure how they do this but I have successfully done this after reviewing my statement and having a service that wasn't completed or done poorly. It does require that you communicate with the provider to attempt to resolve te problem which sounds like you have done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast