Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ladder4

Thread: Occidental

Occidental

Has anyone stayed at the Occidental and can give me a review? We were at the Riu Palace a couple years ago and loved it and would like to go back there for our wedding next year but not sure if all of our guests can afford it. Where in relation to the Riu is the Occidental? I also had heard that it was bought out by another company does anyone have any updates on the renovations happening? None of our guests have been to Aruba before so we would like to bring them to a nice resort and show them why we fell in love with the island and wanted to come back. If anyone has been married at any resorts in Aruba that would be great to hear how everything went. We are open to suggestions but would need to stay at AI. Thanks in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    Hi and welcome to the Aruba.com community forum

here is a link to the resort map https://www.google.com/search?q=reso...I5MYYo2RoIM%3A

as you can see the Occidental is only 2 hotels north of the original Riu
    (the Westin is now also the Riu adult only property)

i am also going to copy this to the Wedding category.
    make sure you visit that category and see the posts of other brides/grooms

the Occidental has been bought by Bavarro and i do not know if there are renovations planned.

have you considered Divi All Inclusive for your guests?

Quote Originally Posted by bapworldwide View Post
    Has anyone stayed at the Occidental and can give me a review? We were at the Riu Palace a couple years ago and loved it and would like to go back there for our wedding next year but not sure if all of our guests can afford it. Where in relation to the Riu is the Occidental? I also had heard that it was bought out by another company does anyone have any updates on the renovations happening? None of our guests have been to Aruba before so we would like to bring them to a nice resort and show them why we fell in love with the island and wanted to come back. If anyone has been married at any resorts in Aruba that would be great to hear how everything went. We are open to suggestions but would need to stay at AI. Thanks in advance!

I had seen the Divi had all inclusive also. Is that a popular resort? We are not too picky just would like to have something clean with a great beach.

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community forum! I am sure you will see a bunch of replies and some great information on the resorts. Yes, the Divi is a very popular resort
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thank you. I am hoping to hear from people who have stayed at the Divi. It is always so hard to decide when you have stayed somewhere else and loved it. I just don't want to be disappointed at our wedding and wish we had stayed at the Riu. I want our guests to have the amazing experience in Aruba as we did!

We used to stay at the Divi until we decided on the Occidental. It is a great resort so much so we bought a timeshare there. It has been taken over by a Spanish company and some changes have happened. Hopefully they will do some house cleaning and get things in tip top condition. No plans as of yet on any renovations. We have seen a few weddings there that were beautiful. Most recently last year, going again in 7weeks and can't wait. Both places r great it all depends on if you want quiet stay at the Divi. If u want to be in the center of it all the Occidental is the place. IMHO
    Next Aruba trip in

Occidental is my home resort, love it.

Wonderful staff, the wedding coordinator does a fantastic job.. my nephew was married there...