Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: OOT Bags/ little gift bags for guests

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

your gift bags sound great

how was the weather on the 9th for the wedding?i i look forward to reading your trip report/wedding report.
    Quote Originally Posted by pamnpaul View Post
    My daughter was just married in Aruba on 5/9 - I just joined the forum today and will be doing my reviews later this week. Many thanks to all on this site, I was litterally on this site daily to get advise and ideas. We had 21 in total traveling to Aruba for the wedding. We put many small things in the bags, which included individul advil, pepto and off wipes - all of which I ordered from Amazon. We also put some hard candies, bandaids, granola bars, crackers, tissues and chapstick with sun screen. The 2 biggest items we put in the bags, which were a big hit with the guests, were insulated cups with screw tops and straws and blow up pool noodles. We got the cups at a store called 5 Below, we paid $5 for each cup. We also saw them at the Christmas Tree Shop on sale for $2.99 per cup. I ordered the blow up noodles on line and they were $8.50 for a 6 pack.

Wedding on the 9th was great, it ended at 9pm and then all of the guest went to the other side of the bar at Matthew's for karaoke night. That's right about when the tropical storm came thru, everyone ended up jumping in the pool with their wedding cloths on. LOL

ale
    Things I bought for my bags, I decided to make it green for the Welcome Bags so here is the list:

We included a welcome letter, map and wedding events schedule in a bag our guest can use to go to the beach with:

A KIT TO RELAX
    1) artesanal handmade soap bar
    2) natural salts exfoliating scrub
    3) recycled bath sponge
    4) small bottle of sparkling wine
    5) chocolates

A KIT FOR ENTERTAINMENT
    1) Crossword book
    2) a pack of playing cards (all green recycled)
    3) an inflatable toy for the kids (inflatable animals or beach balls)

about the recovery bags, we did those in a separate small paper bag to deliver it to their rooms the wedding night with:
    1) Advil
    2) Alka seltzer
    3) Trail mix
    4) water

I must confess I got almost all the ideas from this forum, there are great post here about this

pd: please don't tell my guests...

22 days to go!!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I had gone to the Palmera website but I didn't see anything about nip size bottles there. Do you have to specifically ask them for those and do they deliver them to the hotel or do you pick them up? Do they personalize them? Their website does not give any info on them. If someone used them for their wedding gift bags, could you perhaps help with any info on them? thanks

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.rumpalmera.com/home.html
    go to their home page on their website. (above link)
    at the bottom of the homepage is their email address

write to them and put in the subject box: question about palmera rum for wedding gift bags

ask them everything you want to know

they will reply promptly, monday thru friday

many people get the nips for the oot bags.

QUOTE=gaby;244839]I had gone to the Palmera website but I didn't see anything about nip size bottles there. Do you have to specifically ask them for those and do they deliver them to the hotel or do you pick them up? Do they personalize them? Their website does not give any info on them. If someone used them for their wedding gift bags, could you perhaps help with any info on them? thanks[/QUOTE]

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks, Andrea. I will tell toni to email them for the info.

I emailed Ethan this morning. Boy, he already got back to me, the prices are great and he doesn't need a lot of time, etc. I know we are definitely doing that but we didn't know it doesn't take long to personalize them. So that's checked off our list. I think instead of one bottle per bag, she should put two in because there will be two in the room, they can each have their own and you can't beat the prices. I love when you email someone and they get right back to you..............

Aruba since 1979
    that is terrific.
    i know they show outstanding customer service.
    ethan apparently prides himself in being prompt and helpful.
    that is a work ethic we see less and less of these days.

glad that your daughter has another thing checked OFF her list!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I emailed Ethan this morning. Boy, he already got back to me, the prices are great and he doesn't need a lot of time, etc. I know we are definitely doing that but we didn't know it doesn't take long to personalize them. So that's checked off our list. I think instead of one bottle per bag, she should put two in because there will be two in the room, they can each have their own and you can't beat the prices. I love when you email someone and they get right back to you..............

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/useful...ref_map=%5B%5D
    this might be of interest to some

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12