Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister

Thread: Our Amazing Aruba Wedding Story

Talking Our Amazing Aruba Wedding Story

Our Amazing Aruba Wedding story started in September 2017 as we watched the news of hurricane after hurricane battering the Caribbean islands.

A year prior, we decided to take a friends and family cruise that would have us visit San Juan, Turks and Caicos, St. Martin, and St. Kitts. During our extended stop in St. Kitts, my fiance (now wife) and I would have our dream wedding along the beach. Everything was planned out in detail and paid for long in advance so we didn't have any surprises once we arrived.

Now, taking a cruise to the Caribbean in October is always a roll of the dice. The last few years had shown the hurricane activity to be fairly quiet that time of year - so we wondered if 2017 be the same. Unfortunately, it was not. While the island of St. Kitts was spared, all of the other stops we were to make were not as lucky. With so much uncertainty surrounding whether the ports would be able to accept the size of our ship after all of the damage, the cruise line we were on waited, and waited and waited ... until 1 week before our departure to update us of our new itinerary.

As we reviewed the new series of stops, Aruba shared the same extended stay that we would have had in St. Kitts. So we began searching the island for a new place to get ready, the perfect beach to say "I Do", and everything else that would go into creating a memorable day.

My wife and I began emailing and calling anyone we could in Aruba to determine availability, pricing and everything else which had previously taken months of planning. With only 6 days to go before we had to leave for Miami, we were hard pressed for time.

Our plan was to find a place for the ceremony first and then get everything else in line. Of the resorts we spoke with, there was only one who was really responsive, friendly and understanding of our situation and timeline. Inge Van Roon, from the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, was our first contact and amazing doesn't begin to describe her and her team. We provided her with everything that we had agreed on for St. Kitts and she was able to match it perfectly - the colors, the look and the entire experience. In the days leading up to our departure, we sorted out the details and the morning that we were scheduled to leave Miami, I received an email from her stating that everything was set and they couldn't wait to meet us. It was the biggest weight off of our shoulders to know that in less than a week's time, Inge and her team pulled everything together perfectly for us. We had rooms for everyone to get ready in, full transportation, the most beautiful white sand beaches to get married on and absolutely zero surprises.

Inge and her team also made arrangements for our minister. Due to the tight timeline, our first time meeting him was moments before we began the ceremony. He was one of the nicest and most genuine people we've met. The words he spoke at the ceremony provided us with both reflection and laughter. By the end of the ceremony, it felt like he had been part of the family for years.

One of the items that was on our must-have list was a Steel Pan player to play music during the ceremony and cocktail reception after. I spent some time doing searches and reading forums and kept coming across a gentleman named Charles Brouwer. Everyone highly recommended him and I can certainly see why. I reached out to Charles a week before our actual wedding date to see if he was available. Less than 5 minutes after my initial message to him, I had a reply. We literally ironed out everything in a matter of hours, that same day. I was blown away - and we hadn't even heard him play yet! When it came time for our ceremony, Charles was setup and ready to go. We met briefly before I took my place at the alter and Charles handled the rest with perfection. The way he played was beyond any of our expectations!

Overall, our experience with everyone in Aruba was incredible. From the moment we landed at the dock to the time we had to say goodbye as we continued our cruise, we loved every moment of our experience and the people that we met along the way. My wife and I highly, highly recommend everyone I've talked about in this post as they helped us experience the wedding we wanted with the shortest timeline I've ever seen. Each and every person took our requests and visions and made sure they were perfect. Honestly, we felt like we were their only focus during that entire process and it meant the world to us!

We cannot wait to get back to Aruba and fall in love with the island all over again!

PS: To make it easier for anyone else to experience these incredible places and people, I am making their information available below:

Divi Golf And Beach Resorts
    Inge Van Roon - Director Of Banquet And Event Sales
    Office: 297-525-5225 | Email: ingevr@megaresorts.com

Charles Brouwer - Steel Pan Player
    Office: 297-593-1292 | Email: charles.brouwer@gmail.com

Minister (Information Coming Soon)

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the Aruba.com community forum.

Thanks so much for sharing your wedding story..

How long was your stay on aruba? Every time we have stopped in aruba while on a cruise it seems it is only for 6 or 7 hours

inge van roon gets rave reviews!!!

QUOTE=chriswanamaker;333150]Our Amazing Aruba Wedding story started in September 2017 as we watched the news of hurricane after hurricane battering the Caribbean islands.

A year prior, we decided to take a friends and family cruise that would have us visit San Juan, Turks and Caicos, St. Martin, and St. Kitts. During our extended stop in St. Kitts, my fiance (now wife) and I would have our dream wedding along the beach. Everything was planned out in detail and paid for long in advance so we didn't have any surprises once we arrived.

Now, taking a cruise to the Caribbean in October is always a roll of the dice. The last few years had shown the hurricane activity to be fairly quiet that time of year - so we wondered if 2017 be the same. Unfortunately, it was not. While the island of St. Kitts was spared, all of the other stops we were to make were not as lucky. With so much uncertainty surrounding whether the ports would be able to accept the size of our ship after all of the damage, the cruise line we were on waited, and waited and waited ... until 1 week before our departure to update us of our new itinerary.

As we reviewed the new series of stops, Aruba shared the same extended stay that we would have had in St. Kitts. So we began searching the island for a new place to get ready, the perfect beach to say "I Do", and everything else that would go into creating a memorable day.

My wife and I began emailing and calling anyone we could in Aruba to determine availability, pricing and everything else which had previously taken months of planning. With only 6 days to go before we had to leave for Miami, we were hard pressed for time.

Our plan was to find a place for the ceremony first and then get everything else in line. Of the resorts we spoke with, there was only one who was really responsive, friendly and understanding of our situation and timeline. Inge Van Roon, from the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, was our first contact and amazing doesn't begin to describe her and her team. We provided her with everything that we had agreed on for St. Kitts and she was able to match it perfectly - the colors, the look and the entire experience. In the days leading up to our departure, we sorted out the details and the morning that we were scheduled to leave Miami, I received an email from her stating that everything was set and they couldn't wait to meet us. It was the biggest weight off of our shoulders to know that in less than a week's time, Inge and her team pulled everything together perfectly for us. We had rooms for everyone to get ready in, full transportation, the most beautiful white sand beaches to get married on and absolutely zero surprises.

Inge and her team also made arrangements for our minister. Due to the tight timeline, our first time meeting him was moments before we began the ceremony. He was one of the nicest and most genuine people we've met. The words he spoke at the ceremony provided us with both reflection and laughter. By the end of the ceremony, it felt like he had been part of the family for years.

One of the items that was on our must-have list was a Steel Pan player to play music during the ceremony and cocktail reception after. I spent some time doing searches and reading forums and kept coming across a gentleman named Charles Brouwer. Everyone highly recommended him and I can certainly see why. I reached out to Charles a week before our actual wedding date to see if he was available. Less than 5 minutes after my initial message to him, I had a reply. We literally ironed out everything in a matter of hours, that same day. I was blown away - and we hadn't even heard him play yet! When it came time for our ceremony, Charles was setup and ready to go. We met briefly before I took my place at the alter and Charles handled the rest with perfection. The way he played was beyond any of our expectations!

Overall, our experience with everyone in Aruba was incredible. From the moment we landed at the dock to the time we had to say goodbye as we continued our cruise, we loved every moment of our experience and the people that we met along the way. My wife and I highly, highly recommend everyone I've talked about in this post as they helped us experience the wedding we wanted with the shortest timeline I've ever seen. Each and every person took our requests and visions and made sure they were perfect. Honestly, we felt like we were their only focus during that entire process and it meant the world to us!

We cannot wait to get back to Aruba and fall in love with the island all over again!

PS: To make it easier for anyone else to experience these incredible places and people, I am making their information available below:

Divi Golf And Beach Resorts
    Inge Van Roon - Director Of Banquet And Event Sales
    Office: 297-525-5225 | Email: ingevr@megaresorts.com

Charles Brouwer - Steel Pan Player
    Office: 297-593-1292 | Email: charles.brouwer@gmail.com

Minister (Information Coming Soon)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations not only on your wedding, but organizing everything so well that you were able to help all those amazing people in Aruba get you exactly what you wanted!

I would LOVE to see some pictures (hint, hint)

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum and thanks for the reviews
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

What a story! So glad things worked out in the end and you had the chance to experience how wonderful Aruba is.