Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By irenec
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By gaby

Thread: Our Aruban Wedding

Our Aruban Wedding

My husband and I recently got married in Aruba. We were both so glad that we chose to have our wedding here. We stayed at the Divi All-Inclusive and Lorraine from Aruba Weddings for You (AWFY) took care of all the wedding planning. Although Aruba Weddings for You had their own photographers working with them, i opted to use Angela from Bella Aruba Photography instead. When i began my research 6 months ago, i came across some excellent reviews about Angela, saw her website, and fell in love with her work. I emailed her immediately and told her that i absolutely had to have her as my wedding photographer! At first i was concerned whether or not i would be able to use a photographer that didn't work for AWFY, but it was not an issue. They were okay with it and were still able to customize a good wedding package for us. ) After that we were still undecided about whether or not we should have the wedding at the Divi Phoenix or at Divi Aruba All-inclusive. Angela mentioned that the Divi Aruba All-inclusive had one of the best stretches of beach and that it made a gorgeous backdrop for pictures; gorgeous with the rocks, crashing waves on one side and the smooth ocean on the other. Boy was she ever right and i was so glad that i followed her recommendation and chose Divi All Inclusive. The long stretch of beach made an absolutely stunning backdrop for our photos. Not only that, but there was no people walking by in bathing suits during the ceremony. ) And since we stayed at Divi All-Inclusive, we were lucky enough to get our room right above where the wedding ceremony takes place. This made for some great photo opportunities. Angela took advantage of this and was able to take some nice pictures of me on the balcony looking at my future husband and guests. It was also very convenient for Lorraine to just knock on my door and walk down the steps and proceed to walk down the aisle.

For our dinner reception we chose Windows of Aruba which is directly across the street at the Divi Golf Village. The food and service is absolutely phenomenal. Since we are from New York City we are all a little bit particular about food. Some other choices that we had included the Sunset Beach Bistro at the Divi Phoenix and the Red Parrot at the Divi Aruba All Inclusive. We ate at the Sunset Beach Bistro one night and were very disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the setting is lovely and you are eating right on the beach, but the food was just not very good. Besides there are better restaurants on the island where you can dine on the beach from what we heard. The Red Parrot is included in the All Inclusive and the food was good, but paled in comparison to Windows of Aruba. Windows by far is hands down the better choice to host your wedding reception.

If you are concerned about your hair and make-up, AWFY will send someone to do that for you in your room, if you so desire. I have to say that the woman that was sent to do my hair and make-up ( I think her name was Marietta) did an incredible job. I was very concerned about my hairstyle holding since it was quite windy in Aruba, especially on my wedding day. I wanted to wear my hair down in curls and was afraid that it just would not work. Needless to say, the woman just knew what to do. She put a ton of hairspray in my hair and it did not move! In fact it even held up until the next day.

And then there is Angela. I don't even know where to begin with her. She is simply the most absolutely amazing photographer and person that you will ever meet. Not only is she professional, but she is friendly, warm, fun loving and very friendly. She has a natural talent to capture the "vibe and feel" of everyone and incorporate that into her photography. She takes absolutely beautiful portraits and has the ability to capture all those special and fun moments from your wedding day that you will want to treasure while paying attention to every detail. She got all our guests involved during the photo shoot and made it a fun experience for everyone, which was great. My husband does not like being photographed and it is extremely difficult to try to get a decent picture of hin. Angela knew how to take care of this problem. She made it so fun that he didn't even realize he was being photographed ) After the wedding, my husband and all my guests could not stop talking about how great Angela is and what a wonderful photographer I chose to capture our wedding day.
    The next day we did a trash the dress session on the other side of the island. Angela picked us up in the morning and invited some of our guests to join us and gave everyone a mini tour. She simply goes above and beyond her role as a photographer. She took so many pictures, far more than she was supposed to and could have just kept going. She is truly passionate about her work and it comes across while she is working and in her photos. She is a true gem. We hired a photographer and ended up with a great new friend.

So if you are planning to get married in Aruba, I highly recommend Angela from Bella Aruba Photography and Aruba Weddings for you. They both know how to get the job done and you will not be disappointed.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i am always a big fan of the weddings down on druif and or eagle beach.
    provides for a little more laid back and less stress?
    anglea always gets great reviews.
    if copyright allows, could you post a few photos?
    aruba could have a new slogan...........aruba, home to great photographers!

Quote Originally Posted by irenec View Post
    My husband and I recently got married in Aruba. We were both so glad that we chose to have our wedding here. We stayed at the Divi All-Inclusive and Lorraine from Aruba Weddings for You (AWFY) took care of all the wedding planning. Although Aruba Weddings for You had their own photographers working with them, i opted to use Angela from Bella Aruba Photography instead. When i began my research 6 months ago, i came across some excellent reviews about Angela, saw her website, and fell in love with her work. I emailed her immediately and told her that i absolutely had to have her as my wedding photographer! At first i was concerned whether or not i would be able to use a photographer that didn't work for AWFY, but it was not an issue. They were okay with it and were still able to customize a good wedding package for us. ) After that we were still undecided about whether or not we should have the wedding at the Divi Phoenix or at Divi Aruba All-inclusive. Angela mentioned that the Divi Aruba All-inclusive had one of the best stretches of beach and that it made a gorgeous backdrop for pictures; gorgeous with the rocks, crashing waves on one side and the smooth ocean on the other. Boy was she ever right and i was so glad that i followed her recommendation and chose Divi All Inclusive. The long stretch of beach made an absolutely stunning backdrop for our photos. Not only that, but there was no people walking by in bathing suits during the ceremony. ) And since we stayed at Divi All-Inclusive, we were lucky enough to get our room right above where the wedding ceremony takes place. This made for some great photo opportunities. Angela took advantage of this and was able to take some nice pictures of me on the balcony looking at my future husband and guests. It was also very convenient for Lorraine to just knock on my door and walk down the steps and proceed to walk down the aisle.

For our dinner reception we chose Windows of Aruba which is directly across the street at the Divi Golf Village. The food and service is absolutely phenomenal. Since we are from New York City we are all a little bit particular about food. Some other choices that we had included the Sunset Beach Bistro at the Divi Phoenix and the Red Parrot at the Divi Aruba All Inclusive. We ate at the Sunset Beach Bistro one night and were very disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the setting is lovely and you are eating right on the beach, but the food was just not very good. Besides there are better restaurants on the island where you can dine on the beach from what we heard. The Red Parrot is included in the All Inclusive and the food was good, but paled in comparison to Windows of Aruba. Windows by far is hands down the better choice to host your wedding reception.

If you are concerned about your hair and make-up, AWFY will send someone to do that for you in your room, if you so desire. I have to say that the woman that was sent to do my hair and make-up ( I think her name was Marietta) did an incredible job. I was very concerned about my hairstyle holding since it was quite windy in Aruba, especially on my wedding day. I wanted to wear my hair down in curls and was afraid that it just would not work. Needless to say, the woman just knew what to do. She put a ton of hairspray in my hair and it did not move! In fact it even held up until the next day.

And then there is Angela. I don't even know where to begin with her. She is simply the most absolutely amazing photographer and person that you will ever meet. Not only is she professional, but she is friendly, warm, fun loving and very friendly. She has a natural talent to capture the "vibe and feel" of everyone and incorporate that into her photography. She takes absolutely beautiful portraits and has the ability to capture all those special and fun moments from your wedding day that you will want to treasure while paying attention to every detail. She got all our guests involved during the photo shoot and made it a fun experience for everyone, which was great. My husband does not like being photographed and it is extremely difficult to try to get a decent picture of hin. Angela knew how to take care of this problem. She made it so fun that he didn't even realize he was being photographed ) After the wedding, my husband and all my guests could not stop talking about how great Angela is and what a wonderful photographer I chose to capture our wedding day.
    The next day we did a trash the dress session on the other side of the island. Angela picked us up in the morning and invited some of our guests to join us and gave everyone a mini tour. She simply goes above and beyond her role as a photographer. She took so many pictures, far more than she was supposed to and could have just kept going. She is truly passionate about her work and it comes across while she is working and in her photos. She is a true gem. We hired a photographer and ended up with a great new friend.

So if you are planning to get married in Aruba, I highly recommend Angela from Bella Aruba Photography and Aruba Weddings for you. They both know how to get the job done and you will not be disappointed.

Amazing new friends

Wow, what can I say Irene & Dante, that was an incredible post, thanks.
    It is truly a pleasure to have met you both and an honor capturing your special day. Thanks for putting your trust in me.
    First off you are sincerely a great group of friends. If I did not have to work every night capturing love than my husband and I would of enjoyed a night out. That time together at the Buccaneer was indeed a perfect night to get to know one another. To bad the bar was closed at Divi or we would of been up till morning.
    Your wedding day was perfect, Lorraine did an amazing job at orchestrating your wedding. AWFY is definitely a plus including Windows on Aruba.
    We will meet again with your friends but in N.Y where I can enjoy a vacation away from work and see your part of town and meet up with the gang.
    Tell Dante I am glad I made him feel comfortable and that his charm is himself with his funny ways and his big heart. He made me laugh and when looking back at the pictures there are so many that I can not post on your gallery because they were so him,funny, silly and best off could not get his hands off of you... LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our Aruban Wedding-dsc_5277z.jpg   Our Aruban Wedding-dsc_5342.jpg   Our Aruban Wedding-dsc_0152.jpg   Our Aruban Wedding-dsc_5280x.jpg  

Our Aruban Wedding-dsc_5158aq.jpg  
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting a few of the photos!!!

I thought Christmas dinner at Windows on Aruba was fabulous! What a wonderful way to end your wedding day and celebrate with family and friends. Thanks for sharing.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Angela is a phenomenal photographer. I was looking at the photos and they looked like they were with a painted background, that's how perfect they were.

Angela is the best! We absolutely love her and her work. I have never seen someone so passionate about what they do. It really comes across in her pictures. We were truly blessed to have found her. On our wedding day it was very windy and overcast in the early afternoon hours. It poured around 3 pm. I was so nervous and disappointed with the weather. When Angela came into my room she reassured me that everything will turn out fine, she even reassured me that there would be a sunset. Needless to say, she was right again. The sun peeked out around 6 p.m. just in time for the ceremony and we had the most beautiful sunset that you can imagine as you can see from the pics that Angela posted. I remember my husband telling me afterwards that we were blessed and that someone was looking out for us. I asked him what he meant by that and he replied, the perfect weather, Aruba Weddings for you, and of course, Angela. It just could not get better than that.

And Angela, yes we are all looking forward to seeing you and your hubby again in the future so that we can show you some of our New York hospitality! )

Andrea,
    you are so right about the weddings away from all the hustle and bustle of the hi-rises. I am sure that the hi-rise hotels do a fantastic job, although there is still something to be said for the weddings that are away from all that congestion. Again, Divi offers a long beautiful stretch of beach and the beach never got crowded, at least around this time of the year.

Congratulations on your wedding. We are also marrying at the Divi in October and having a meal at Windows. Lorraine from Aruba Weddings for you is arranging ours as well. She has been very good in answering my emails and I have every faith in her after reading this post : ) Your wedding photos are beautiful and some of the best I've seen (and I've looked at a lot!) There is a good mixture and the funny ones work well and I'm sure they capture your husbands true personality!! It was good to read your post.