Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By islandfools090113

Thread: Photographer and Videographer

Photographer and Videographer

Getting married next May and looking at several photographers and videographers. I'm working with a wedding planner but I also want to get some recommendations from here. We are also thinking about bringing our own photographer who is a friend and will be attending the wedding. Thoughts?

Leaning towards hiring a local photographer because they know the area, lighting, weather, etc.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!!
    JT

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

aruba is very fortunate indeed to have some wonderful photographers.
    ask your planner to give you a list of the local professionals that do wedding/event photography.

a few of the photographers are here as members
    angela munzenhofer
    robert
    roy croes
    photosbyjulia
    elnathan

you do not have enough posts and days membership to send private messages to them thru this site.
    if you'd like, i can message them for you and ask them to get in touch with you thru private messaging.

again though, start with your wedding planner.
    where are you getting married? which resort?

also too..........go to page 18 on this pdf link of the aruba.com

good luck and again, welcome
    http://www.aruba.com/aruba-vacations...ngs-honeymoons
    Quote Originally Posted by islandfools090113 View Post
    Getting married next May and looking at several photographers and videographers. I'm working with a wedding planner but I also want to get some recommendations from here. We are also thinking about bringing our own photographer who is a friend and will be attending the wedding. Thoughts?

Leaning towards hiring a local photographer because they know the area, lighting, weather, etc.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!!
    JT

Andrea,

Thank you so much for the info. I'll definitely work with my wedding planner first (Lissy Lampe). We are getting married at Passions on the beach (where we got engaged just a few weeks ago)

Welcome to the community forum JT!

Congrats on your engagement and Aruba wedding!! So exciting!

Lissy is a sweetheart - you will love working with her
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

JT - We went with a local photographer and it did not work out for us. I would not recommend Paul Van Driel. we visited the island to meet with several photographers and we liked his personality best but he SOLD us. His work is not good and the day is all about him - several times I asked him to take a shot and he said no. he is now holding hostage some of our photos. so i would not recommend him. however, we met several other photographers that weekend that we did like and upon hearing our story were very supportive trying to help. You might want to look at Angela as Andrea mentions below. I will also recommend Victor Winklaar, and Crooze. while i have not seen her work Indira at Fairy Tale weddings also was supportive of us.

robert arenz made a personal call to me as well - so i thought that was nice - you can maybe check his work as well! hope this is helpful! the rest of our experience was great - we worked with Roy Croes as our videographer and he has been professional and helpful!