Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about weddings at the Divi

Quote Originally Posted by tiff0711 View Post
    Hi...
    I chose the Divi because I heard pretty good reviews about their weddings. I also heard that their wedding dinners are fabulous. Obviously that was a big factor.
    Indira is great to work with. It took us awhile to hammer out the details, but now that it is so close, I can't wait.
    I saw a few pics of the weddings at the Divi, but not too many. I guess a beautiful beach is a beautiful beach
    We have approx. 10 guests coming and also have a steelpan player and limo reserved. We are also doing a sand ceremony at sunset.
    I will post some pics after the wedding
    That is great. I wish you the best! I cant wait to see your wonderful pictures of your special day!

Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by misskellyjo View Post
    I'm working with Lissy from Ceremonies and Celebrations. She is fantastic. You can reach her at this email address candcaruba@yahoo.comGood luck with your planning and let me know if you have any more questions. I'll answer what I can.

Yes, I am also working with Lissy from Ceremonies and Celebrations. She is by far the best!

How big were your weddings at the Phoenix? I am having about 50 people at the wedding and the Phoenix will not do a plated dinner, only a buffet when I was promised a plated dinner. What did you all have? How were the dinners?

I only had 10 people at my wedding...the dinner was great though!

My Phoenix Divi experiance

Please take into consideration the size of your wedding when you book the Divi. I had 70 guests at our wedding at the divi on Feb. 29th 2008. The set up was amazing, the beach was beautiful the food was delicious, however the service was terrible. Let me explain....

After the most amazing cermony we all made our way back to the reception area. We were all suppose to get champagne for a champagne toast but only half of our guests did even though we prepaid for this. We later found 4 unopened bottles of champagne that we paid for (which wasn't cheap) in a cooler where there was no one around. They almost seemed hidden.

We hired a DJ for our reception but the hotel hired a saxaphone player on the same night which was playing not to far from our reception so we could hear half of the DJ music and half saxaphone music for the first 2 hours of our reception. It sounded awful. However our DJ was great I don't want to take anything away from him. I blame that solely on the hotel.

Because we had a larger destination wedding, I understood that we would need to have a few more than average servers at our wedding. We had a total of 4 servers to get drinks for our guests and still we were waiting 25-35 minutes per drink. We eventually went to a near by store and purchased a bunch of beer for our guests and brought it to our reception so our thirsty guests could have a drink. When we went to find out why it was taking so long our servers were doing the dishes. Totally unacceptable!

Finally, the wedding cake. We paid for a 4 tier wedding cake that looked amazing. However I can't tell you how it tasted because they did not get to serving the cake until 10:00pm and by then no one wanted any. we had 3 tiers left over. The only reason why the even served the cake is because we told them they had to. They couldn't understand why we were upset that they couldn't serve the cake because they were trying to keep up with the drink orders which they weren't doing anyway. This type of service for a wedding reception, whether it's in the states or on an island, in my opinion, is just simply, terrible!

I hope that if you choose to have your wedding here you have a better experiance than we did. Please keep in mind that if you have a smaller wedding you may be fine but they could not keep up with a large number.

Overall I look back and we had an incredible, beautiful wedding. Fortunately I'm not the type of person to freak out when things go wrong. We managed to get drinks and everyone was more than quenched by the end of the night. I just wish I hadn't paid for service we did not recieve. Good Luck to you and congrats!

Who was your wedding planner?

Our wedding planner was Lissy from Ceremonies and Celebrations and she was wonderful. It was in no way her fault that the servers were not doing their job and I did let her know about how everything went. I told her I would not reccomend the Phoenix Divi to a larger wedding group in the future.

I am getting married in May at the Tam next door to the Divi.
    I really can't wait now....it's still snowing over here in England !!! I need some sunshine and warm sea...

Please let me know of any tips which would help my fiance and I have a prefect time!

Cheers,
    Glen

My Husband and I stayed at the Divi all inclusive for our 2nd week after we got married. It was truely amazing, both the Tam and the Divi. The beach, in my opinion, is the best beach in Aruba. Quiet and not crowded at all. We would sometimes not get to the beach until 10 - 11am and still be able to get a Tiki hut. All the restaraunts you have to choose from are excellent. You will not be disapointed. Have fun, I'm jealous!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by misskellyjo View Post
    My Husband and I stayed at the Divi all inclusive for our 2nd week after we got married. It was truely amazing, both the Tam and the Divi. The beach, in my opinion, is the best beach in Aruba. Quiet and not crowded at all. We would sometimes not get to the beach until 10 - 11am and still be able to get a Tiki hut. All the restaraunts you have to choose from are excellent. You will not be disapointed. Have fun, I'm jealous!
    Thanks Kelly Jo....I am really excited now.....3 weeks on Friday and I finish work for 3 weeks of bliss!!!!!!
    No more e-mails, no more pressure, no more stressy customers, no more invoice chasing.....just me,Tracy and my witnesses Paul and June...and draft Heineken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12