Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radisson vs Marriott vs Occidental

Radisson vs Marriott vs Occidental

Hi!
    Looking for some opinions on which resort to get married on. I am debating between Marriott Stellaris, Radisson, and Occidental. Which is the most expensive/cheapest. Any help/advice would be great!
    Thanks!!

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

There are many great posts here on weddings from small intimate ceremonies to huge extravagant affairs! I'm sure you will find tons of great advice and helpful hints.

Use the search tool at the upper right side of the page - very helpful!

Happy Reading!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    you will have to get in touch with the wedding planners at each resort and ask for an estimate.
    be prepared for the estimates to really not be 100% etched in stone as things change a lot along the way.

we get lots of rave reviews about the radisson and the wedding planner there. "lisa"
    she is apparently fabulous.

check out all 3 and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by KDx1027 View Post
    Hi!
    Looking for some opinions on which resort to get married on. I am debating between Marriott Stellaris, Radisson, and Occidental. Which is the most expensive/cheapest. Any help/advice would be great!
    Thanks!!

Kind of difficult to answer your question on expense in that the Occidental is all inclusive.

No matter what you decide, cheapest is not always the best.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    We used Lisa, wedding coordinator at the Radisson for our renewal of our vows. Lisa is just the best and caters to all your needs. Property is just beautiful for pictures and vows on the beach at sunset. Lisa also works with a great photographer by the name of Angela. Angela is very good. I am sure you will make the right decision.

Thanks everyone! We decided to go with the Radisson!! Does anyone know if they have condo-like/villas there? A lot of my family has young kids and would need more space than just an average sized hotel room.

Aruba since 1979
    no, they do not.

you may want to make inquiries with some timeshare resorts up in that area of the hi rise/palm beach area so that those families with kids can go into a timeshare unit.......
    timeshares to consider in that area:

Playa Linda

Marriott Ocean Club and Marriott Surf CLub

Riu has some timeshares

Divi Phoenix

Direct those family members to this community forum and then to the timeshare section.

Also too, those folks should also check out www.redweek.com

Quote Originally Posted by KDx1027 View Post
    Thanks everyone! We decided to go with the Radisson!! Does anyone know if they have condo-like/villas there? A lot of my family has young kids and would need more space than just an average sized hotel room.

The Radisson does have some beautiful suites with full size living rooms and separate bedroom with king size beds. No kitchen facilities however.

Like Andrea said, for a villa set up go with something like the Surf Club.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    My stepdaughter and also my friend got married at the Radisson this past October. Lisa is a gem. I think the bride and groom get an upgrade to a fabulous suite for their entire time there. At least my stepdaughter and friend both did. Lisa is wonderful. If I can help, PM me. The grounds are beautiful.

You are going to Love the Radisson - i got married there in October. Lisa is excelent to work with. Not all of our friends/family stayed at that hotel - some used the area places to stay at for their time - but I find the rooms at the Radisson to be quite spacious and inviting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast