Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelly M
  • 1 Post By gaby

Thread: Radisson Wedding

Radisson Wedding

we loved our radisson wedding - mostly the event was pulled off to perfection due to the expertise of Lisa Dammerman. She is an amazing wedding coordinator to work with and i highly recommend working with her for the wedding. She listens to everything you need and goes above and beyond to make you feel special and pull off the wedding of your dreams. She found a uekelele to play somewhere over the rainbow, wine barrels for the sand, an aruba flag boat for our cocktail and worked really hard for us. the grounds are gorgeous and the facilities they offer are amazing. i didnt want any part of the wedding inside and we pulled it off!

band - joyride - definitely a great band!
    food - amazing - we did the aruban buffet and our families loved it!
    videographer - roy croes - great to work with ! so friendly and a hard worker - supportive and creative - professional and punctual

it was a great spot - good band - the GM at the Radisson was extremely supportive as well Mark Lyttleton-Frances. Overall just a truly perfect hotel, location, staff, wedding, band, ceremony - truly feel blessed.

my one sadness of the day - our photographer - Paul Van Driel - please do not use him - there are many other photographers to use that will be nicer, work harder, and capture your day. he has kept photos he took of us and wont give them to us, he missed 1.5 hours of our wedding, would not take photos we asked him to and ran out of memory card during our event. but if you want selfies of you and wedding photographer but not photos of you and your dad walking down the aisle then he is perfect for those aspects.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    my stepdaughter had her wedding at the Radisson this past October. It was wonderful, too, thanks to Lisa. We were lucky, we had Tino as our DJ (who is amazing). We had a small wedding and he had everyone on the dance floor the whole night. Lisa is above and beyond. We got lucky by having Angela as our photographer. The woman misses nothing, lol. I'm sorry about your photographer. But if Angela said she'd help, believe me, she will.

Sounds amazing! We just booked our wedding there for July! Did you get the room block at the Radisson? We are debating on doing it- b/c the prices werent much cheaper. I was wondering if you can negotiate on that? I am not sure we will be able to fill the 10 rooms there. Also, what time was the ceremony/reception? The schedule lisa emailed didnt seem too long. Can you start it earlier ? Would it be more $ ?
    Thanks for the great review!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we wanted to be able to get photos of the sunset. the actual ceremony is short, like no more than 15 minutes. my stepdaughter's wedding started at 5:30 because the sunset when we were there was at 6:28. so she was able to have the ceremony, take photos and still capture the sunset (except it was cloudy, lol). but angela took care of that at the trash the dress so she got her sunset photos. so if you want sunset photos, then you should go by lisa's suggestion since she knows the sunset times. If not, you can always do it anytime you want.

we couldn't fill the 10 rooms so we gave the info to the guests on the invitation (she did a passport style invitation that was 7 pages long). she put in the MCM Tours number, etc and let the guests handle it because some people stayed for 4 days, some stayed for a week, etc. It was easier to let the guests decide their own timeframe then do it for them.

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    They do a great job at Radisson, when u getting married In July we will be there in July also.

We are getting married July 3! Cant wait!!!

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    We will be arriving on the 13th, you will love the job the Radisson does. We renewed our vows on the beach with Lisa Dammerman, she is amazing. Have a wonderful day.

radisson wedding

I am so glad that you are goign to have your wedding at the Radisson and you will love Lisa. I wanted to start our wedding earlier as well. It is very hot on the sand though at the time we started (4:30pm) and the sun is tricky but it worked out okay. If you do not think you will fill the 10 rooms then I would think you do not want to go with the group block - it is nice because you know you definitely have those rooms but it does make it nerve wracking to fill. Also your friends and family like you said might be able to get the same rate if you book at the hotel =- or we found that some people booked at other properties since they are so close.

So we started at 430pm. Had cocktail hour from 5-7 and then the reception from 7-11. We did have to pay more money because we did open bar and had more time added but we loved it and it still went by fast. we chose to have the reception outside so we had to get off the pool deck by 11. We had 107 people so a bigger event. we all went to bugaloe pier afterwards for karaoke and loved it! i recommend talking to myrthe to see if they are open.

Let me know if you have other questions! i am happy to help as i have been to the island 11 times. Lisa is wonderful - tell her i say hello!

Thanks so much Kelly!

of course anytime! have a wonderful experience - we wish we could do it all over again and you wll love the Radisson and working with Lisa!