Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re: Wedding at the Riu July 2011

re: Wedding at the Riu July 2011

Hi There !
    We have booked our first visit to Aruba end June 2011 and plan to get married ( so excited !! ) at the beginning of July. Does anyone know how long it takes for Aruba to confirm the date ? We are staying at the Riu Palace and taken out there wedding package so hopefully as using their wedding planner there should be no major hiccups if any, especially as we are in the UK.
    How did anyone elses wedding go at the Riu ?
    By the way i am new to this site so hope i have posted this in the right area x

Aruba since 1979
    hello mellowtones and welcome the the aruba.com community forum!
    you DID post this in the correct area.
    sometimes/often there are delays in responses and communications with resort wedding planners.
    i encourage you to contact the RIU in a few days if you do not hear back by then from their wedding package coordinator.

many folks have found that when dealing with events in aruba, is that timeliness is not a huge concern. what i might consider incredibly slow is what an aruba wedding planner might consider fast.

sit tight and wait a few days and then make the call and or email.

take lots of time and browse thru this wedding category.
    lots and lots of reading.
    make a cup of tea, put your feet up.
    ...............and read
    happy planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Melllowtones View Post
    Hi There !
    We have booked our first visit to Aruba end June 2011 and plan to get married ( so excited !! ) at the beginning of July. Does anyone know how long it takes for Aruba to confirm the date ? We are staying at the Riu Palace and taken out there wedding package so hopefully as using their wedding planner there should be no major hiccups if any, especially as we are in the UK.
    How did anyone elses wedding go at the Riu ?
    By the way i am new to this site so hope i have posted this in the right area x

Hi, thank you for that. I will have a look at the other posts as it's always good to get as much info as possible.

Hi,

Normally they respond pretty fast unless they are very busy with some event.
    Abi is a great person who would take care of you!

Cheers
    Live life to fullest and have while doing it!

Hi mellowtones- we are getting married at the Riu in oct. it took a few weeks to get a date but that was all handled by our travel agent- we are with thomson. Abigael is the wedding planner. They are all very busy and im learning to be patient. We stayed at riu sept 09 and loved it so we wanted to go back. Im sure the other hotels are nice also but we wanted to stick with what we know!! You will love it!!

Wedding at the Riu July 2011

Hi there, Thanks for the replies. We too have booked our wedding through Thomson so hopefully all will run smoothly. Just waiting for all the info back now with comfirmation of our wedding date.

You can let me know how it goes, esp with the forms etc!!

re: Wedding at the Riu July 2011

Yes will defo let you know. We don't even know who our wedding planner is yet. We did have a slight issue with Thomson as they never sent us the paperwork to fill in for the wedding and then they were ringing us asking why we hadn't returned it ! Managed to sort it out though and they apologised profusely. Just hope we can still get the date we originally asked for. Fingers crossed we will.....lol not panicking yet !!! x

I think they should make the docs easier to follow! We will probably go back into the shop or phone them in june to confirm what we have to do before july - when we can start getting the certs. Do you know if its original passports etc that we have to send??

Hi, its just photocopies of your passports, plus your 2 witnesses.
    The only originals you send out are the cert of no impediment and your full birth certificates that have all been legalised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast