Aruba Beach

Thread: Recently Married in Aruba March 31,2012

Recently Married in Aruba March 31,2012

I had the same kind of nerves all other brides talk about. All planning was through email-and I did not meet my coordinator, or see my venue prior to the wedding. I just had to come to terms with the fact that it was destination and know that the wedding planning company (Aruba Weddings for you) and coordinator Lorraine/Djamella had everything under control. It was a beach ceremony and knew that even the slightest mishap wouldnt matter much as its such a beautiful place for a wedding. Heres how everything went-PERFECT!!
    I had spoke back and fourth with Lorraine from Aruba Weddings for You! It did take time for her response at times-but I know and all have to remember that there are so many weddings they are planning all at once. I always heard back within 3-4 days after email. I also always made sure I had a lot of info in one email so they werent none sense one line questions. I wanted to get a lof of info out of her at once.
    I sent her pictures of the type of flowers/boquet I wanted and what i got is what i sent her. They were so beautiful. I did the same for the cake. a picture of a design i found online-the one i got was even prettier! The taste however was not the greatest-but who cares that much about cake? most guests dont eat it because they are dancing/enjoying themselves at that point.

Beach Ceramony-on beach in front of Sunset Beach Bistro-Divi Phoenix resort
    17 guests-decorations on the arch,chaires and overall setting were so beautiful-a lot of my guests cried and raved at how beautiful everything was. they all wondered how i planned everything so perfect-i told them Lorraine and Djamella from Aruba weddings are awesome!!

DJ-DJ Tino-he was great, played great music. some i reuqested, other songs he picked that were great to get people up dancing.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

we are so glad all worked out well!!!

best wishes for long, happy and fun lives together.
    Quote Originally Posted by meags033 View Post
    I had the same kind of nerves all other brides talk about. All planning was through email-and I did not meet my coordinator, or see my venue prior to the wedding. I just had to come to terms with the fact that it was destination and know that the wedding planning company (Aruba Weddings for you) and coordinator Lorraine/Djamella had everything under control. It was a beach ceremony and knew that even the slightest mishap wouldnt matter much as its such a beautiful place for a wedding. Heres how everything went-PERFECT!!
    I had spoke back and fourth with Lorraine from Aruba Weddings for You! It did take time for her response at times-but I know and all have to remember that there are so many weddings they are planning all at once. I always heard back within 3-4 days after email. I also always made sure I had a lot of info in one email so they werent none sense one line questions. I wanted to get a lof of info out of her at once.
    I sent her pictures of the type of flowers/boquet I wanted and what i got is what i sent her. They were so beautiful. I did the same for the cake. a picture of a design i found online-the one i got was even prettier! The taste however was not the greatest-but who cares that much about cake? most guests dont eat it because they are dancing/enjoying themselves at that point.

Beach Ceramony-on beach in front of Sunset Beach Bistro-Divi Phoenix resort
    17 guests-decorations on the arch,chaires and overall setting were so beautiful-a lot of my guests cried and raved at how beautiful everything was. they all wondered how i planned everything so perfect-i told them Lorraine and Djamella from Aruba weddings are awesome!!

DJ-DJ Tino-he was great, played great music. some i reuqested, other songs he picked that were great to get people up dancing.

Congratulations on your wedding! I am looking at the Divi resort for my wedding in April 2013 and had a few questions. My main concern is accommodations for my guests. What was your overall impression of the resort?