Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reception/After Reception Ideas?

Reception/After Reception Ideas?

I don't really know what to do to entertain my guests. There is just a small number of us so we can't justify getting a dj or a band, there won't be anybody to dance with. Our reception is scheduled for 3 hours but I honestly don't see who will want to just sit there and drink after the dinner is done.

Any suggestions for what we can do to entertain guests? Is there any live entertainment in the late evening that we could go to, that might be an option? I'm open to any suggestions.

after party!

go to soprano's. ya'll will already be drunk! it'll be a blast!

Afterparty for Wedding Reception
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f11/afterparty-wedding-reception-40265/

For entertainment on site inquire as to the availability of an iPod dock, or bringing your own.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Soprano's Piano Bar is a great idea. I always have a great time there or Bugaloe Beach Bar if on one of the music nights.

The Piano bar sounds like a good choice. I checked their website and it looks like they'll be open until 4am! So I could change quick after dinner and whoever wants to come can come. I think that might work.

I've been meaning to ask the same question! My reception is on a Saturday night and ends at 11:00 and have been wondering what to do after we put the parents to bed. Sopranos sounds like a lot of fun. Piano bars can be a blast if you have a good group. Does anyone know how far it is from the Marriott? Is it walkable? We'd probably have 20-25 that will still be ready to party. Are there other good late night options walking distance from Marriott?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Sopranos is opposite the Radisson Resort. Depending on if you are staying at the Marriott Resort or one of the timeshsare resorts, its approx. 10-15 walk. I would though be wary of walking at 11 pm.

Oh I thought Aruba was fairly safe even late at night. Guess not? How would you suggest getting there then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybride View Post
    Oh I thought Aruba was fairly safe even late at night. Guess not? How would you suggest getting there then?
    Aruba is safe but even at home would you walk somewhere late at night when anyone could jump out of the shadows? I live in the middle of no where and I won't and don't.

There are a good number of areas between the two which will not be fully lit. A taxi is $6 each way from the Marriott to Sopranos, maximum of 5 passengers and addtl. $3 after 11 pm or on Sunday.

If you wish to walk, take the same precautions as at home. Do not walk alone and be aware of your surroundings trying to stay in lit areas.

we walked back to the marriott last year from soprano's@ 2:30am. we felt safe. i would walk the beach back to your place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast