Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: rehearsal dinner

rehearsal dinner

I am trying to get some ideas for places to have a rehearsal dinner in the Palm Beach area. I am having my wedding at the Marriott Stellaris and would like something close enough that I wouldn't have to charter a bus for transportation. I did not choose to do it at the Marriott because they were a little too expensive for my budget. I had looked into Moombas and have already gotten a price quote from them that is reasonable. I tried their food during my site visit and thought it was just ok. I will probably choose this as my default if I cannot find anything else. I looked at the restaurant Seabreeze and thought the ambiance was perfect for a sunset rehearsal dinner, but I was not able to try their food during my visit. Has anyone eaten there and could tell me their opinion on the food? Any other suggestions that are within walking distance from the Marriott and reasonably priced would be greatly appreciated.

Aruba since 1979
    i am familiar with the Seabreeze restaurant at Divi Village. Is there another with the same name in the Palm Beach area?

if you think that Moomba is just "ok"......(and i agree ) then why settle?

i have a few suggestions , but unfortunately not palm beach area

Quote Originally Posted by labailey View Post
    I am trying to get some ideas for places to have a rehearsal dinner in the Palm Beach area. I am having my wedding at the Marriott Stellaris and would like something close enough that I wouldn't have to charter a bus for transportation. I did not choose to do it at the Marriott because they were a little too expensive for my budget. I had looked into Moombas and have already gotten a price quote from them that is reasonable. I tried their food during my site visit and thought it was just ok. I will probably choose this as my default if I cannot find anything else. I looked at the restaurant Seabreeze and thought the ambiance was perfect for a sunset rehearsal dinner, but I was not able to try their food during my visit. Has anyone eaten there and could tell me their opinion on the food? Any other suggestions that are within walking distance from the Marriott and reasonably priced would be greatly appreciated.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    How about Simply Fish at the Marriott?
    9th trip to Aruba in

If you are referring to the Seabreeze Grill at the Holiday Inn, I have never seen anyone raving about it.

Perhaps try Azzurro at the Playa Linda next door to the Holiday Inn? It has nice views of the ocean and gets good reviews.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Pinchos.... A winner !

We are trying to get a hold of Giani's to see if we can do it there, it is less than a mile away. I'll let you know if I get any info from them.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I would love to do it at Simply Fish, but its just a little too expensive for my budget for the rehearsal dinner. I emailed someone at concierge services at Playa Linda trying to get more information about having a set menu and what prices would be at Azzurro so hopefully they email me back quickly. I was also considering Pelican's Nest. Has anyone eaten there? Its a little casual, but the sunset on the pier sounds beautiful.

Aruba since 1979
    i was just thinking that a great spot might be BARNEYS
    it's on palm beach rd.
    about a 15 min walk from marriott

if you want sunset on the pier as you had mentioned for pelicans nest.......then look into PINCHOS.
    it is downtown on a pier in the surfside area.
    yes transportation would be an issue, but the food is outstanding and th spot is terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by labailey View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I would love to do it at Simply Fish, but its just a little too expensive for my budget for the rehearsal dinner. I emailed someone at concierge services at Playa Linda trying to get more information about having a set menu and what prices would be at Azzurro so hopefully they email me back quickly. I was also considering Pelican's Nest. Has anyone eaten there? Its a little casual, but the sunset on the pier sounds beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i

if you want sunset on the pier as you had mentioned for pelicans nest.......then look into PINCHOS.
    it is downtown on a pier in the surfside area.
    yes transportation would be an issue, but the food is outstanding and th spot is terrific!
    I have to agree 100% with Andrea on this one! We had our rehearsal dinner / welcome dinner at Pinchos with 30 people and it was the most amazing experience. I wouldn't even call transportation an issue- for us we hired Fantasy Tour to do round trip transportation from the Hyatt to Pinchos and it was $7/person. So for less than $200 we were able to transport all of our guests there.

The views are UNREAL- you are on a beautiful pier over looking breath taking sunsets and you get to watch all the planes come in. I attached a picture taking from the restaurant of my husband and I. It almost looks fake lol

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Bugaloo Beach Bar on De Palm pier is a bit casual but it is a fun place and an awesome location. Maybe they could set you up on the outer deck area. Great view and I believe some nights live music.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast