Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Party Location

Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Party Location

This board has been a huge help for our wedding plans! We have vacationed in Aruba for the last 3 years and will be back in 6 weeks to be married! There are just a couple details still remaining, one being the rehearsal dinner/welcome party. We'll be about 50 people and I don't know where we should go. The wedding is on Renaissance Island, so 16 of us will be there on Sunday night for the rehearsal. The rest of the guests will be at the Marriott Surf Club. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello fellow Rennaissance bride! This is a great post- one that I was also going to post. I've looked into a few places near the Renn for a welcome dinner: Pinchos, Casa Tua Barcelona,Lg Smiths and Festival Plaza. All of the places have provided a group menu but it depends on what you're looking for. We really didn;t want to have to arrange travel or have our guests have to walk a distance to the restaurant so it's a little hard. I was looking for a very informal event where we could just get together as a group for drinks but I haven't really found "the place".

I will decide the location based on the number of guests who join us in Aruba.

Good luck and let us know what your decide.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Why don't you just have the Renn do a set up on the beach over near the volleyball court?
    Its really private there, they can set up tables, bartender, etc. It would be perfect to do it around sunset and get a great view...No one has to travel, walk....

We just got back from getting married at the Renaissance Island and had our welcome party at El Gaucho. It was great! The food was excellent and the service was great. They have a reasonable pre-set three course party menu for $35 with a private room. I highly recommend them for a welcome party. They were a pleasure to work with....just give them a couple of days to respond to emails.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Why don't you just have the Renn do a set up on the beach over near the volleyball court?
    Its really private there, they can set up tables, bartender, etc. It would be perfect to do it around sunset and get a great view...No one has to travel, walk....

You provided me some great ideas a few months back. I really like Pinchos but my fiance didn't like that it wasn't on the resort and we may have to arrange transportation for guests.

I've never been to the Renn- where is the volleyball court? is it near the Ocean Suites beach? The wedding planner provided an option of the Festival Plaza- sounded great, perfect location but there is a rental/setup fee of $750!YIKES.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
    I've never been to the Renn- where is the volleyball court? is it near the Ocean Suites beach? The wedding planner provided an option of the Festival Plaza- sounded great, perfect location but there is a rental/setup fee of $750!YIKES.
    The volleyball court is in the sanded area off to the side of the lagoon. It is very private over in that area. Palm trees provide some shade if necessary. Its off to the side kinda close to the paved path. Yes, it is at the suites. Usually no one goes over there, just quiet and nice. People can dress up or down, go bare foot and hang over at the side.

[QUOTE=Sheree10;158737]You provided me some great ideas a few months back. I really like Pinchos but my fiance didn't like that it wasn't on the resort and we may have to arrange transportation for guests.

We walk t0 Pinchos all the time. It takes 5-7 minutes....and is do-able by all, kids, etc.

I would also recomend El Gaucho or Texas De Brazil. We were married on 4/20 this year in Aruba and had our reception at Texas De Brazil. They have a private room and the food is wonderful. El Gaucho also has wonderful food and has reasonable prices. Good luck with everything and enjoy your special day!

We had our rehearsal dinner and welcome drinks at Pinchos and loved it. It's right on the water and a short walk from the hotel. NOTE: we walked on the street on the way there and it was dark and no sidewalk. Have heard you can walk on the beach instead. But it's a SUPER SHORT cab ride from the hotel and if you are a small group, the hotel will have no problem getting a few cabs to take you over. All guests raved about the place because it's beautiful, on a pier and you really feel like you are having an island experience.

Where to have rehearsal/welcome dinner

We are getting married on June 11th at the Manchebo, although we are staying at The Radisson and most of our guests are staying on the Palm Beach side as well. Trying to find a great place for a rehearsal/welcome dinner. Nothing too fancy or crazy expensive. We are estimating it will be about 30 people. Originally we thought possibly Benihana but not sure if we still want to do that.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast