Aruba Beach

Thread: Renaissance Island vs Passions? Help me decide!

baby beach, the amazing rock formations, but pretty much everything else too

Renaissance Island vs Passions? Help me decide!

For those familiar with the area - what are your thoughts between having beach ceremony/reception in these two places? Pros / cons? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So far I have:
    RI
    Pro: private, beautiful, both on the beach, one person to deal with
    Con: mosquitos, guests can't really stay there since I'd like for them to be at a beach hotel/resort so this means extra transportation to arrange

Passions:
    Pros: beautiful, both on the beach, guests can stay there or closeby
    Cons: near main street, less privacy, a wedding planner and a restaurant person to work with vs just one

I'm sure I'm missing many others. What do you think?

My 2 1/2 cents

Sorry I cannot comment on RI since I have no experience there except to say that I have read many reviews with the comments on the mosquitoes. Having said that I do have a friend who attended a wedding there last September and stated that the mosquitoes did eventually go away after dark.

#1 We have eaten a few romantic dinners at Passions and NEVER given the road a second thought, granted we always arrive after dark. The tables among diners were fairly spaced out so in order not to interfere with the table next to you.

#2 Through our previous reservations I have communicated with the food & beverage manager at the AM and he has always responded not only promptly but in a highly professional manner.

#3 We think the food is delicious

Some people have complained about the restroom on the beach, but having a 14 yo who is a public restroom "critic" it meets her approval with flying colors.

You will not notice the road at Passions. I've been to lots of weddings there.

Aruba since 1979
    julia have you noticed the mosquitos on renaissance island?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    julia have you noticed the mosquitos on renaissance island?
    Weddings on the island are wonderful! The best part is the privacy and not having other people standing in the background while you get married, where as at Passions that is unavoidable as it is a public beach.

They have an insect system on the island that helps a lot, but.... You can't get rid of them all.

I got married on Ren Island last month and the mosquitoes were not that bad. They last about 10 minutes. As long as you put the bug spray on you should be fine. It's so beautiful on that Island it's worth the 10 minutes of mosquitoes. Plus, there will be no "unwanted guests" in the background of your photos. Just the beautiful ocean behind you! good luck deciding. -andrea-

We went to a wedding at RenIsland last Sept. and, although beautiful and private, the mosquitos were just horrible. Yes, we sprayed ourselves before the "attack" and during the attack but to no avail. They came out at dusk and lasted about 20 minutes until the sun went down and it was pure torture during that time. We were all ready to look for the first boat off the island - or jump in the water. Not just one would land on your face or your back, but anywhere from 4 to 6. First time I ever got to slap my husband in the face several times because I could see them everywhere. LOL!!! I slapped other people, too. LOL!!

For that reason alone, if picking between the two, I would go with Passions.

We stay at Amsterdam Manor every year and have seen a few weddings and receptions on the beach (we've watched from afar and never intruded) and they always look absolutely lovely. We also know the food & beverage mgr there (have organized a few birthday parties with him) and he is a joy to work with.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018