Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Renewal of Vows

Question Renewal of Vows

We are traveling to Aruba in September to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We have never been to Aruba before and are excited about the trip. I had thought that we might renew our Wedding Vows while there, the wife is not sold on the idea yet, but we really haven't talked too much about it. specifically, she thought that family and/or friends would usually be present to witness such a thing and help celebrate. This is not the case as we will be traveling alone. Anyway, I have read about a few options and been in email contact with Reverend Gibson and he is helpful. He seems highly reccomended. I am thinking that we should do the Vows thing, then dine romantically on the beach. Again, several suggestions were provided. Passions was one, Old Man and the Sea was another, as well as Beach Bistro. I threw another into the mix after finding it on the Hyatt site. Pampered in Paradise at their footprints restaurant seems very romantic and memorable. The Reverend also said he could the ceremony right there. So, any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, or reviews of Pampered? or any of the other places either for that matter. All suggestions welcome even though we will be thoroughly confused I am sure we can make an educated decision. That is, "if" she decides she'd like to do this.

Aruba since 1979
    the pampered in paradise at the hyatt gets wonderful reviews.
    IF it fits your budget and even more importantly IF your bride agrees, i would say it is a win win.

passions is a popular choice too.

also interested in a photographer?

can you point me to those reviews?

I have been looking for reviews of the Pampered in Paradise but am not having any luck. As fas as Passions, I have read, and can find, plenty on them. Really would like some honest reviews of Pampered. since we are staying at the Occidental, there is something to be said for being able to walk to the ceremony and dinner and not have to worry about cabs etc.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I whole heartedly recommend Rev Gibson. The man is amazing.
    He did our 20th on the beach at Divi Phoenix about 2 yrs ago.
    We had it at sunset, and had drinks at the bar at the Sunset Bistro.
    Amazing evening with friends and family.
    We felt like we knew this man our entire lives, he made us feel comfortable, and gave us a llittle certificate after the ceremony.
    I believe we put some pics up in the gallery also, check it out.

Aruba since 1979
    I totally and wholeheartedly recommend Rev Gibson as well :-)

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day

Renewal of Vows

We will be renewing our vows at the Radisson on July 18. We have stayed at the Radisson several times (5) over the past 5 years. I would have to say this is one of the most beautiful hotel and the grounds are just breathtaking. If you are interest in renewing your vows go to the Radisson website and direct your email to Lisa who is the Wedding Coordinator. It is done on the beach at sunset. After ceremony we are having our own private dinner on the beach with TorchLight. We have done this dinner when we were there on our honeymoon in 2003. I also know someone who got married on the beach at the Radisson and had there reception there. They could have not done a better job. Hope this help you a little. I will try to remember to email you as soon as we get back on the 23rd to let you know how it all goes.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum bgmouse ;-)

Reverend Gibson has been reserved, details to be worked out later. Assuming we go with Pampered in Paradise, which he said he has done many ceremonies right there, what time is best for a renewal of vows to be immediately followed by a sunset Pampered? 6:30, 7, or 8PM?

The tiem I am asking about is for the dinner, not the ceremony. We'll need to specify for the reservation form they sent me.

Aruba since 1979
    you do not want to make your renewal (will it be on the beach) too early as the sun is blazing and you'll be hot.

i'd recommend the renewal for sunset and the pampered dinner immediately following.
    Quote Originally Posted by retlcd View Post
    The tiem I am asking about is for the dinner, not the ceremony. We'll need to specify for the reservation form they sent me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast