Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Renewing Vows?

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.

Renewing Vows?

We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this year with our 5th trip to Aruba. I was maybe thinking of suprising my wife by renewing our vows. However, I would not know where to start. We are having an anniverary dinner at Passions. Would Passions be able to coordinate something like that at our table? We would never be able to have our large family and all of our friend make that kind of a trip. I thought it might be something special to do.

Aruba since 1979
    Renewing vows
    click the above link for ideas on vow renewals

contact passions and see what they suggest and what they can do to get this to happen.
    it is a very nice special event that you and your wife will remember forever.

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Thanks Andrea

Thanks very much for the info Jason! It would be great if I could pull this off as a surprise.

We love Eagle Beach. We are staying at La Cabana. We have done a few of the seaside dinners at sunset and we always see them setting up at Passions while we are finishing our day at Eagle but have never done theirs. I emailed Kimberly a few minutes ago. Thanks again very much. I'll keep you posted!

Vows renewal!

I hope someone in here can help us wedding vows renewal in Aruba next month, the 20th of May.
    Last edited by mcallister1971; 04-25-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvec View Post
    We love Eagle Beach. We are staying at La Cabana. We have done a few of the seaside dinners at sunset and we always see them setting up at Passions while we are finishing our day at Eagle but have never done theirs. I emailed Kimberly a few minutes ago. Thanks again very much. I'll keep you posted!
    Hello Chris, we are renewing our vows in May, any chance you can share the information you received from Kimberly? Does it sound good? And did you contact other places? Are you hiring a photographer? Who did you get as a minister? Are you doing it at sunset? How hot is Aruba, really??? We keep hearing mix reviews about the heat and humidity!

We are planning to stay at the Westin, is La Cabana better?

Any advice you might have, would be highly appreciated!

Alice.

Alice, welcome to the forum the Westin is a lovely 4 star resort.

You can read info about it at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/westin.html

The link Andrea mentioned earlier Renewing vowsThere is a ton of info here in regards to vow renewal at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/vow%20renewal.html

There are many photographers who are members of this forum. Again there is tons of info to get you started in your research HERE

Aruba is hot and humid but the 17 mph+ trade winds will keep things comfortable. If you are having a photographer for your ceremony, they can suggest the best time for a ceremony at this time of year to insure the perfect lighting. You will be close to the equator so the sun does set rather quickly.

I hope you enjoy Marina Pirata as much as our family does. If you love fresh local seafood, this is the place to go. Some additional info
    HERE

Hi Alice, have not heard back from Kimberly as of yet. I did not contact any other places as I have my heart set on Passions at Eagle Beach. It is our favorite beach and we happen to be staying at LaCabana. We have also stayed at the Marriott Surf which is very very nice, but after 4 visits we quickly realized how over crowded Palm Beach is. LaCabana fits us as we love Eagle Beach. LaCabana has alot going on, the bar at the pool is great and overall the staff is very nice and accommodating. The only negative is that it does not sit right on the beach. The high rise area is a great place at night, we like relaxing and quiet during the day. The trade off is less people, a wider beach and I actually think the water seems clearer. When I do hear from Kimberly, yes sunset is the plan and I'm hoping she will coordinate a minister or JP type. Aruba is traditionally warm and can be hot if the winds are not blowing.

Interesting...everywhere we asked up to now has tried charging about $350 or $400 for the JP or minister and about $650 to $800 for an arch on the beach and some flowers. Is that the normal price you are encountering as well? And we've e-mailed 2 photographer's and their hourly rate is about $200 to $300 for pictures on a cd.

And this kimberly, does she work at the lacabana? how can we reach her? My husband had already booked the westin, so we have are kinda bummed out we didn't join the forum earlier, and learned about the cabana hotel, it sounds nice.

Please let me know if you get a good deal somewhere...we can't really afford $1500 on a wedding renewal, that would seriously cut into our drinking money!

Alice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast